Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Cambria Quartz have to have extra support under it?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 12:20

At Lowes, the standard size is 2cm for quartz and 3cm is special order. He said they sell mostly 2cm. Does that require plywood under it? What about the 3cm?

Why the switch? Dh talked to someone who raved about Cambria, and he saw theirs. It was Cambria Buckingham. I still like the look of granite better, but the fabricator did tell me that they are able to get a tighter seam with quartz.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Cambria Quartz have to have extra support under it?

All 2cm counters require plywood subtops. In the scheme of things though, quartz is likely to be almost double the price of your low granite quotes and I thought you had already ruled out some expensive granites due to cost.

o

That's right, I had. The fabricator dh talked to said that he has some that compare to the lower grade of granite I picked. I'm afraid it's the kind of quartz that looks like a polished aggregate patio. But it's the first interest dh has shown in looking for counters, so I'm letting him run with it.

o

I thought one thing about cambria was that all colors cost the same?

o

I don't know writersblock, unless it's some slabs he has at his warehouse that haven't sold well and he has reduced the price on them. I'll find out tomorrow or Tuesday, as the countertop selection is all back on me again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here