Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mbpag

Ooooooh! I love this tile.

mpagmom (SW Ohio)
10 years ago

I thought I'd post this kitchen to show others this beautiful tile.

{{!gwi}}

It is Heath Ceramics "new ogawa green."

The paint color is Benjamin Moore Philadelphia Cream and the cabinets are Benjamin Moore Glacier White. The countertop is absolute black honed granite. I'll link to more info about the kitchen below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mount Tabor kitchen remodel

Comments (9)

• steph2000
    10 years ago

Something about those varigated tiles that just tempts...

Which reminds me...what the heck am I going to do about tile? Material choices are still making me bonkers.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm always trying to tempt you Steph2000!

I just love Heath Ceramics tile. I drooled over them when I was picking my backsplash because I love variegated tiles. I couldn't picture any of them in my kitchen, but now I see this. Actually, I like my blue-green-gray walls so I'm happy with my ming green and white tiles.

• steph2000
    10 years ago

Your tile is great. But even more important, it is perfect for you given your love of quilting. ;)

I, on the other hand, am like a pinball bouncing off the rails in every direction. I need intervention...

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. I like to second guess myself from time to time, but I do love my tile. I just saw a post asking people whether or not they would choose their countertop again and I thought, "Gee, I don't know, but I'm sure glad I don't have to choose again!"

Your kitchen will turn out great, and I can't wait to see it when it does.

• steph2000
    10 years ago

Yeah, I gotta think at some point it is just easier to have these decisions MADE.

I like the idea of having something fun at the stove "nook". Sometimes I get sucked into wanting a graphic there in something basic like brown and cream or black/white. But, living with it a long time makes me kinda chicken. I also think over-sized glass tiles in a muted earthy monotone would work. But, I haven't fallen in love with the colors/options.

Still going back and forth on the "zen cottage" thing and how to find a balance of modern and cottage elements.

Your place is great and I really think at some point it must be nice just to have the decisions done and be able to enjoy the eye candy without angst. ;)

• sparklebread
    10 years ago

I have samples of New Ogawa tiles. Considering it for our kitchen backsplash. Nice color variation.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm curious, sparklebread - how much is it a square foot?

• gwlolo
    10 years ago

I was in love with Heath ceramics tile too.. Especially their dwell series. But I decided to not use it as some of the colors.. Specially blue and green tiles have copper in the color.. So they etch and bleach even. I tried it with a few drops of lemon juice and suice enough there was a nice big etch.. Under the light it was a very visible splotch.. Really disappointed.. Such lovely tile through..

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I just drool when I see Heath tiles. I did not realize that they etch.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!