Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenhaven_gw

i found the color!

greenhaven
9 years ago

And I *do* mean The Color. It is Valspar Zen Pebble, and I *refuse* to post pictures of it now, as I would not want anyone else to have to weep with joy with me util the final reveal. HA! :o)

And, some of you may wish to know, it is such a perfect color that I decided to paint the beadboard between upper cabs and counter, too! Trim will still be cab color, and I have to decide what to do about the itty bitty pieces of wall between cabs and window and above the BB (I think cab/trim color.)

This is going to be the perfect color for the dining room, too, although I may reduce the color strength to 75% or 50%. I am going to play with my sample before I make a final decision. It may even go on every other wall in the house in varying strengths!

Anyway, I am so happy to finally have something I LOVE that I had to share.

I am finishing up beadboard and trim, probably today, and can finally finish up with repairing the hole in the floor and be DONE, baby, DONE with the kitchen!

*happy dance*

Comments (14)

• amck2
    9 years ago

Yeah! So happy you waited for the right one. Can sense your joy & relief.

Looking forward to your reveal!

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Ohhhh....
    I'm dying with suspense. So dying, that when I go to Home Depot, I'm going to find it!.

Why is it that when I find the color, it ends up being peachy, turquoise, or some other, non-THE color!? Or, something that mesmerizes me is a deep, vibrant coral, that would knock you back out the front door if I painted my walls with it!?

I can't wait. I know THE feeling, but my house seems to always disagree.

Get painting, girl!

• greenhaven
    Original Author
    9 years ago

CEF, I have been through about a dozen samples already, lol! yes, things look drastically different in the stores, but even in different parts of tthe same room. The color in my adjacent dining room is much darker and greyer while in the kitchen it has that perfect hue of greyed down green-blue. Soft and lovely!

Keep looking! Floors will also wreak havoc with a wall color.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Yay! Can't wait to see the final result!

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    9 years ago

Can't wait to see it!

(Psst, CEFreeman, I think you'll find it at Ace Hardware)

CEF, don't fear coral! I have a friend who lives in a little 1930-ish cottage who did the living room in a deep coral and it is Fabulous!

• dcward89
    9 years ago

So happy you found THE color...boo for not giving us a preview!!! That's ok...I googled it and it's awesome!!! Can't wait for your reveal!

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

Rae, beat me...ACE color...lol..well I think Lowes carries Valspar too, but I know GH has been trying C&K so all she had to do was move to a different display at ACE.

And I painted my entry/sitting room Behr Yellow Corn, which has to be the most perfect yellow out there..rich, bold and Y E L L O W! So why not a rich golorious Coral?

I fell in love with Behr Gypsy Magic because of this forum..and I wanted it in my kitchen but was vetoed, however it's in my master bedroom and one wall in my Yellow sitting room. It will also be lightened up with white for my master bath.

So I totally understand, using what you love everywhere!

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Greenhaven, I can't wait to see the perfect color for you painted on your walls and other places! Please do share after you are doing painting.

• brightm
    9 years ago

I peeked at the color on google... very nice!

• Barbarav
    9 years ago

I peeked too. I envy you. There are so many darn greys...how did you decide? BTW, I love it.

• romy718
    9 years ago

YEAH!!!!

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Yay! I am happy your search has come to an end! Can't wait to see your reveal!!

• LE
    9 years ago

I like the name, which is, of course, extremely Important!

• greenhaven
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Barbarav it wasn't easy! I sampled a looooot of colors. I finally found an inspiration photo with a color that felt right and brought home enough chips.

Even though the photo named a specific color it did not look the same on my walls. I tried and tried until I found one that read like the inspiration color.

Every single one looked different painted on the wall than the chips. Even this color is so chameleon. It can look solidly grey, blue-green or sage-y green.

lori inthenw, of course that is what matters, lol!

I painted and trimmed my buns off today and should finish tomorrow. I am so ready to be done!