Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
iad2rdu

Please...Kitchen cabinet painting tips for the latex-allergic?

IAD2RDU
9 years ago

I have been extensively reading the threads...VERY overwhelming. At the risk of getting flamed, I am going to ask... We close on our house in a few weeks and my hope is to repaint the tired white-painted wood kitchen cabinets over the following month while we have the wood floors installed, prior to moving in. I have never painted ANYTHING, so my plan is to experiment with the master bath cabinets first. Other than the fact that I've never painted, my other obstacle is that I have a latex allergy. Knowing how long this project will be, I am afraid of using latex-based paint over an extended period of time wearing a mask. While researching this forum, I have determined that oil-based white/light paint yellows quickly. Can you offer any tips to this newbie? I am considering either some white-hued paint or possibly BM Wickham Gray. I have children and dogs so the paint needs to be durable, wipeable, and preferably low-VOC (not possible with oil?) I wish that I could have someone do it but that budget is going towards popcorn ceiling removal. Any suggestions??

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths