Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julie1973_gw

Layout help desperately needed!!

julie1973
9 years ago

Ok - I'm finally over the fun obsessive planning and am totally frustrated. The problem is the fridge. I don't know where to place it. Originally I had it at the end of the run on the outer end of the U. The planned fridge is 42" french door. I just hate how close it is when the doors are open with people seated at the island. If I move it down to the other end, there is no island, but then it's awfully close to the corner of the U. I also planned to have a 21 inch pantry cabinet right next to the fridge. I think that would look awkward set in the middle of the run as pictured. Maybe if I put the fridge in thee middle and fill in either side with all pantry style cabinets, or the cabinets that sit on the counter? With regard to the picture, the aisles are not set - we are still making adjustments, the area labeled "cubbies/bench" will actually be a wet bar with beverage center., the glass sliders will be a single glass door and the cabinet run with sink next to that will be a bit longer, with no upper cabinets and all windows above. What do you all think - fridge at either end of the U, in the middle, or someplace completely different??? I am pretty set on the current layout with the sink under the window, range at bottom of U and table at the end, but would be interested in others opinions. Beyond the table and wet bar is a sunken family room.

Comments (4)