Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pot filler height and position - Standard?

Posted by bbs_homeshop (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 08 at 11:39

Help!!! I have a pot filler going in and I'm not sure what the height or the X axis should be - side-to-side. I have a Wolf 48" and the pipe is currently position on on side on the range. I have heard that the height should be based off your tallest pot.. Is this correct way to determine the correct height? Please let me know your thoughts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pot filler height and position - Standard?

I originally had my potfiller at the height of my highest pot. I found it was too high for my everyday use. Big splashes in my pots. So I had it lowered 3 inches. My backsplash wasn't in...so no problem. The bottom of the spigot is 14" off the top of the grates.

I use my PF every day...I find the height perfect for my usage. On the rare occasion when I pull put the tallest pot, I just fill it the old-fashioned way!

As to side-to-side, mine sits to the side of my range to service the burners on that end of the stove. My backsplash is plain tile, so I didn't have to worry about whether the PF affected a design.

HTH

o

I agree with mom24kids. I had the plumber place it 2 inches higher than my tallest pot. I forgot that since the PF had two hinges, that the spigot would be 2 inches higher than that, so it is actually 4 inches higher. Yes, it splashes way too much, so I don't use it as much as I could. We didn't actually connect the faucet to the pipe until after the tile was in because we wanted to make sure we had the correct spacing for our tile. At this point, it would be a major PITA to move it down and we have too many other things with higher priorities.

o

Mine is the same height as momto4kids. There was a post over the past 6 months about this and a fair amount of responses. I chose 14" as that seemed to be the most common response from other GWers. Try a search to see if it comes up.

o

Its kind of funny that I asked roughly the same question about 18 months ago when it came time to rough in our planned PF and completely eliminated having one based on the responses I got.

There were a host of reasons we pulled it but the key decision point was no drain to protect against overflows and/or accidents. Since I had a prep sink within a step of the range, it was not as big a problem for me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here