Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (25)

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

You used the wrong format to post the pictures :)

• rustico55
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• rustico55
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Wow, very pretty and so elegant with an old world feel!! What is your granite? It's beautiful and really picks up the wood tones of your beautiful cabinets!! Great choices!

Enjoy!

Kat :)

• rustico55
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks!

Typhoon Bordeaux is the name of the granite. Comes from Brazil

Almost everything was picked up on Craigslist, ebay for fixtures, Home Depot travertine and cabinets and granite from a small local company.

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

It's beautiful! So many things I love - the granite, the pendant lights over the island, the sink, the range, the cabinets! You did a great job!!!

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

What are the Viking units under the countertop with the small appliances?

• nursetammi
    14 years ago

Rustico, You did a beautiful job. Your island is stunning.You made great choices, everything flows beautifully. You must be so relieved it all came out so nice. Congrats and enjoy it for many years to come.

• Christine Clemens
    14 years ago

Really, really beautiful. The granite is gorgeous. How do you like your single sink?

It looks like you might have done some structural work. If so, can you give some details?

• jb1176
    14 years ago

All the elements in your plan work very well together and as others have said, the space is beautiful. I assume the travertine is the tile on the floor, but I wonder if the backsplash tile is travertine also? What color are your walls?

Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures.

• rubyfig
    14 years ago

Wow, go craigslist!

• rustico55
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I didn't have a kitchen designer so some elements were done the best way the GC and us knew how.

1. The travertine was bought at home depot (Tuscany Classic at about $1.99 per sq ft)
    2. The backsplash is a ceramic "daltile" you can get at home depot although I found some on Craigslist for cheaper 3. All Viking appliances were found on Craigslist for a very affordable price.
    4. The pendant lights were found on ebay for a good price new "bronze foyer lights"
    5. The sink was bought on ebay for about $450 (Mexico). The corners arn't rounded so it is a little hard to clean but a great value for the $
    6. Moen faucets found on ebay for about $300 new.
    7. Franke pot filler $250 on ebay shipped.

• beware
    14 years ago

Looks great! I am pretty sure I have the same backsplash tile in my kitchen. Enjoy.

• boystown
    14 years ago

OMG, what a beautiful kitchen. It looks perfect to me. Love your wall color also----would you mind sharing the color with me?? I have cabinets very much like yours but your pop more than mine.

• rustico55
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I forgot the exact name and I misplaced the paint can but it is basically a light purple gray.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

Drop Dead Gorgeous!

• nc_cowgirl
    14 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! Can you tell me what size sink that is? Also, what colors are in your granite? Wanted to know because monitors can fool you and I think it's beautiful!! You did a great job...doesn't look like you needed a kitchen designer to me!!!
    Dana

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Ditto on the elements working well together. Nice job!

Your granite is just gorgeous!

• stayn2busy
    14 years ago

Absolutely stunning....and amazing that you bought from different places and it all flows so well. Good job! We are just starting our build...literally footing just poured and I've started looking on ebay for some faucets...hoping to find some good deals. Never thought about Craigs List, I'll look there too. Thanks for sharing!

• rustico55
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks to all! The granite has cream and burgundy with stop light green in it. The are a few black round spots.

The sink is a hammered copper patina that is 30x20.

• judydel
    14 years ago

I can't see the photos. Wahhhh : (

• Susied3
    14 years ago

Where are yall seeing the pictures? My thread says photo has been deleted.

• shapco
    14 years ago

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't see the photos. I was beginning to think that this was "The Emperor's New Kitchen"!

• tabteacher
    14 years ago

I can't see any photos either.

• brutuses
    14 years ago

What happened to the photo's?