Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ikea shipping 2 much-Looking 4 tall freestanding pantry

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 11:35

Well, I have decided to address my current imperfect kitchen instead of living in virtual-kitchen land 24/7.

So. Reorganizing with my new knowledge from GW and already it's seeming more user friendly (and getting cleaned, ha)

I need a tall, freestanding pantry now. 12-15-ish inches deep by 15 wide and tall. Like 80"?

Ikea has a perfect one but the shipping is 350.00 and I live 7 hours away round-trip, so that's out.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find such an animal?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ikea shipping 2 much-Looking 4 tall freestanding pantry

Not really much help, but I can sympathize with your closest Ikea being so far away. We wanted their peninsula butcher block counter for our kitchen and it was $350 to ship that as well (for a $200 counter). We ended up making a long weekend of it and drove almost 5 hours each way to NYC and hit the Brooklyn Ikea on the way home. Totally worth it in the end, but plan on spending most of the day in Ikea. We were there for 3 hours (and ate there too) and I still think we missed going through half the store. It was like nothing I've ever seen before.

o
RE: Ikea shipping 2 much-Looking 4 tall freestanding pantry

Yes, I've been to the Mpls. Ikea and time really loses all meaning when you're in there. It's exhausting. I suppose I could go visit my sister and bring one back, too. She lives about 20 minutes from that Ikea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here