Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bar Faucet at Sink?

Posted by MeMcG (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 11:32

Has anyone put a bar faucet on their kitchen sink?
I'm afraid a regular high arc faucet will overwhelm our sink and the view out our kitchen window.
Bar faucets don't go quite as high.
Is this a crazy good or crazy bad idea?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bar Faucet at Sink?

I considered that, but as several people helpfully pointed out, the flow rate for bar faucets is much less and they usually aren't really all that much smaller, if you look at the actual numbers.

o

A friend of mine did it in his house (hansgrohe Talis S, I think) and it looks great.

o

I checked a few out but they have a much shorter 'reach'.

o

Many bar faucets also are only cold water connect, not hot and cold. You'd be losing functionality for almost zero "gain" in aesthetics. If you don't want a high arc pull down faucet, get a lower profile pull out faucet. You'll at least not have to wait 2 minutes to rinse out a glass.

o

I tried one for my prep sink and it splashed because the shorter reach meant the water stream hit the disposal guard and the water flow was much, much slower. Loved the look enough that I kept it in case we discovered another use for it, but we replaced it with a regular faucet with a regular water flow.

o

I tried one for my prep sink and it splashed because the shorter reach meant the water stream hit the disposal guard and the water flow was much, much slower. Loved the look enough that I kept it in case we discovered another use for it, but we replaced it with a regular faucet with a regular water flow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here