Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen cabinet hinges

Posted by GDF123 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 11:28

we are remodeling our kitchen and having our kitchen cabinets refinished. The cabinet hinges are an old brass color and want to go to a satin nickel finish. problem is the bolt pattern which as I have been told changed 20 or so years ago. I was told these are Amerock hinges, but I am not sure. on the back of the hinge is a diamond with JB stamped inside it the year 1971 and the numbers 121-FL-1. Would appreciate any help in finding hinges with same bolt pattern in satin nickel finish. Need 18 sets of them. Thanks.

GDF123

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen cabinet hinges

Post a photo of the hinges and we can probably find them. One of my houses was built in 1945, and I was still able to find an Amerock hinge with the same screw pattern :)

o

Here is one picture of the ones I want to replace. Thanks

GDF123

o

It's kind of hard to tell from your photo, but it looks like it might be this spacing?

That's a standard Amerock hinge. Have you carried one of your originals into Home Depot or similar to compare?

o

The old hinges I have are 1.5 inches on the back plate where it shows 1.234 inches on the hinges shown above. The holes are also pulled in so they don't contact the door as they should. Thanks for the input.

GDF123

o

Can you spray paint the ones you have? I've done satin nickel and oil rubbed bronze & both look fine. You can tell tho that the nickel ones aren't exactly like the knobs in sheen if you are paying attention.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here