Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinion needed - knobs or pulls

Posted by kitchenredo2013 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 11:27

I am remodeling my kitchen. I prefer the look of knobs but DH has good reasons for pulls. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinion needed - knobs or pulls

The bottom line is that either choice serves the function of getting doors and drawers open. There are kitchens that do all of one or the other. Most people do a mix, commonly knobs on top and pulls on the bottom, but there isn't any solidly good reason for that.

I like pulls on the bottom because it seems more ergonomic to me, but we've had knobs on the bottom and that worked fine too. Actually, I think we had knobs on all the doors (incl. the bottom cabs when they were all doors) and pulls on all the drawers. It's really a matter of preference and looks. Now that I think about it, we've had knobs on various dresser drawers over the years and I found those drawers harder more time consuming to open and close.

One of the nice things about this forum is that there are photos of the different choices people have made so you can look and see what you like or don't. Try these to start;

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0116075221147.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0114053120568.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Show me your knobs and pulls

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here