Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Experience with Jacobean kitchen faucet?

Posted by ot155 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 11:24

We're remodeling our kitchen and considering the Jacobean pull down kitchen faucet (2470-5103). Has anyone installed it or looked at it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Experience with Jacobean kitchen faucet?

That's the one I've chosen, too, but we haven't installed it yet (haven't started on our remodel yet). I've seen it IRL. I liked the way it handled (not hooked up to water but I was able to pull out the spray, etc) and the way it looks. It seemed solidly built.

One of the features I liked about it was that you held the button to turn on the spray and simply released it to go back to a stream. We can turn on the spray feature on our current faucet (Rohl) with a button but the only way to turn it back to a stream is to turn off the water. Hate that, it's an extra step. We hold the spray head when we use the sprayer feature anyway so holding the button down isn't an issue for us. I prefer it over the toggle type switch that you have to push to turn the spray on or off.

There was a faucet - can't remember which brand now, dang it - that had a magnet inside the ring for the pull down part. It would pull the head back up into place with little effort. I thought that was slick and would resolve the issue of the head not getting put back in its place (not naming names but that would be DH and DS2). I may have to go look at that one again.

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here