Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rybren2_gw

Many thanks, didn't pick Cold Spring Granite, more input requeste

Rybren2
11 years ago

Thanks for the advice but thanks even more to all the people that take time to share their experiences. I have never used a forum before and I actually think you've saved my sanity. I had never heard of OTK before but once I read about it I realized that I was having trouble picking granite because yes, it was beautiful, but it wasn't what I had ever envisioned as MY kitchen. So I went out and found a beautiful slab of Calacatta marble for my island. I LOVE it. To me, it looks like a watercolor painting. I couldn't be more pleased and excited. So now I have a island counter top. Looking for ideas for perimeter counters to coordinate with the Calacatta. This picture was very difficult to take as I was wedged between the blocks of marble so colour is off. Really not that blue. Just beautiful white, grey and taupe veining. Thinking Cambrian Black leathered. Any other suggestions? Also, need to pick hardwood floors. Pre-finished or site finished? Thinking medium toned oak. Is it worth the agg (sanding, fumes, out of house for a few days) for the non beveled result. Prefer no bevels but DH wants prefinished although only $900 difference in price between the two. Cabinets are BM White Dove!

Comments (6)