Posted by luckystar22 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 11:15

Hello,

We are looking for a sub $4k refrigerator that is:

- counter depth
- has dual evaporators
- but has no external water/ice dispenser
- French or Side by Side.

The closest we've come are the Kitchen-Aid French Door Architect Series II that had a water dispenser inside, but has a single evaporator. Or a Samsung that had dual evaporators but had a water/ice dispenser on the outside.

The salesman at the store yesterday told us that such a refrigerator does not exist yet, but Kitchen-Aid will be releasing an upgrade to their Architect Series with dual evaporators in January.

Has anyone else head about this? Or have any suggestion?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Counter-depth fridge w/ dual evaporators & *no* external wate

Up your budget and go SubZero. It';s what you're really asking for here.

Or give up one or more of your requirements. Just because a fridge has a dispenser doesn't mean you have to hook it up and use it.

o

Did you look at Liebherr? You won't be below $4000, but you won't be at $7000+ like you would with SubZero.

o

What Pal said. I just finished this same search and decided that I didn't like the fit and finish on the Kitchenaid and the Liebherr was more $$ than I was willing to spend.

Another option is the Summit CP 171. It has two evaporators, no water, no ice. Its very small, apartment sized, but you could get two and place them SXS.

I started out looking for a single door CD fridge w/no externals in white. I didn't care if it had an ice maker or not. I ended up with a SS CD fridge, FD with external ice and water. Go figure! Its an Electrolux EW23BC85K. It was installed yesterday.

o

The GE Cafe has internal water, and comes CD. Its @ $2500-2700. I bought the full size today. I did not check if the GE Profile has internal water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here