Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazy_gardens

new stove!!!!

lazy_gardens
9 years ago

It's not plugged in, they just stuffed it there to get it out of the way, but I have a stove that will soon have a microwave/hood over it that vents to outside.

LG double oven, flat top radiant, with more features than I can probably use.

"Proofing" setting for making bread, I can probably find a use for.

Sabbath setting ... I doubt.

Here is a link that might be useful: It's part of the slow

This post was edited by lazygardens on Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 11:13

Comments (16)

• brightm
    9 years ago

Wow! Those are two big ovens for a slide-in! Enjoy!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I don't think that's a slide-in ---- it's a freestanding range wedged between two cabinets. (slideins don't have that raised back)

• brightm
    9 years ago

Doh! That's what I meant.

I was thinking those look like they could be double wall oven size.

This post was edited by cal_quail on Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 11:44

• updating
    9 years ago

Those are bigger ovens. Nice. I'll have to look at that model, but I want a slide in.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

They don't?
    I really like this oven, lazy gardens!
    One is very far in my future, but I like yours!

I apologize, but I don't remember if you've done new cabinets. I really like them and their color with your black stove.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Very nice!

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Lazy - pretty and can't wait for KAW pictures!
    The original double oven was the Gemini series- I think by GE.

• lazy_gardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It's a bit wedged in there, it's slightly larger than the old one. We may have to trim the counter a bit.

Cabinets are unchanged, but much cleaner.

The upper oven is 6" tall, which is plenty for pizza and muffins and many casseroles. Lower oven could take a 15lb turkey with no problems.

The old stove - which went to a good home where they promise to take good care of it until it dies of old age:

Here is a link that might be useful: LG product site

• vdinli
    9 years ago

So exciting. The black range looks great with your cabinets. Happy cooking!
    I am looking forward to using our similar double oven GE gas range that is going in today.

• ginny20
    9 years ago

I agree - your new stove looks lovely with your cabinets. Use it in good health!

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

Green with envy..well for the oven portion. I am a gas cook top diehard. I'll have to see if that comes in gas.

• lazy_gardens
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We stayed with a friend last winter who has a double oven GAS range ... small upper for baking and broiling, larger lower oven. I don't remember the brand.

It was WONDERFUL, which is why I went looking for a double oven electric range (I like gas, the SO hates it).

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Awesome, Lazy! I know you've been waiting for this! The black looks great with your cabinets.

I really think I might like that double oven when I eventually replace my stove. You won't have to heat up the whole thing if you're doing something small like a pizza, but if you're making cookies, you could almost get it all done at once with both ovens!

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

Oh, you are going to love this. It looks great and it will be so much fun to play with.
    Congratulations!

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Gosh, that's a great double oven!! I can only wish at this point. My toaster oven will have to be my 2nd oven going forward. At least I can actually use that (toaster) oven *now*. :-)

• Marc Johnson
    9 years ago

We've got that same one - with gas cooktop - waiting to be connected -- can't wait!!!!

This post was edited by marcojohnson on Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 2:35