Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Size of under cabinet garbage pails

Posted by linste (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 11:10

Silly question, I know, but is there a standard size of garbage pail for under cab garbage pull outs? Is it safe to assume any pail that takes a tall kitchen garbage bag would fit? Thanks.

Editing to add: It's a 15" cabinet.

This post was edited by linste on Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 11:12

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Size of under cabinet garbage pails

You should order a garbage bin that goes with the pull-out that you bought, so it will fit. Our Innermost cabinets came with Hafele trash bins:

Hafele Bottom Mount Trash Can

They use standard 13 gallon kitchen trash bags, as do most kitchen pull-out trash cans.

I used to have a SimpleHuman standalone trash can which took more form-fitting SimpleHuman trash bags. Those fit better than standard bags, but I don't think these cans have anything equivalent.

o

I can only speak about Innermost as well, but ours came with Knape & Vogt. We've got an 18" with drawer above and it's got 2-35 qt cans.

Other varieties of Innermost cabinets have a single 35 qt or a single 50 qt or one of each.

52 qt would be 13 gallons, so a tall kitchen bag is safe for any of these. I don't know if this will be my final solution, but I rolled off about 8 bags and tucked them down in between the two cans and stored the ginormous box in a high cabinet.

o

Thank you calumin and cal quail. My mind is wandering to these details now. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here