Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Table - Help with Size

Posted by jmcgowan (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 11:09

Hi,

We are looking for a trestle table to be placed in a bay in our kitchen/family room, photo below.

I need help with the size of the table, and could use your suggestions!

The space is 140 inches (11 feet, 8 inches) across from the moulding edges of the bay. (There is another 7 inch recess on each side, but it's not really useable space.) We are having an upholstered bench built in to the bay which will be below the windows, and will run across the bay, end to end. On the other side of the table, we'll place chairs.

We plan on buying or having made a trestle table. A friend found one that might work -- it is 85 inches long by 32 inches across the top by 28 inches high. So, there would be a clearance of just over 27 inches between the table and moulding on each side.

Is this enough clearance? What size table would be ideal? We wanted to fit 10-12 people at this table occasionally (dinner with extended family/friends), and 5 family members (three small kids plus me and my husband) on a daily basis.

Thanks for your input!

photo photo-3.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here