Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

GW is taking over my brain

bpath
9 years ago

So I'm in the bogged-down drop-off lane to school, over a mile long mind you, behind a license plate the starts with CEF. My mind drifts to...cookie dough. Yeah, you know who and what I'm talking about. THAT thread. I start smiling, I chortle in the silent car, and Drowsy DS peers out through half-closed eyes and concludes that yes, his mom has gone over the edge.

Has this ever happened to you? Please tell me it does, or Drowsy DS is right.

Comments (17)

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

Lol. Every time I'm in Ross, TJ Maxx, Big Lots, etc I find myself searching for a towel pig.

I don't even particularly like pigs, I have no clue what I would do if I found one. Maybe buy it and ship it to someone on here that wants one.

GW, its not a forum, its a way of life!

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I start thinking about threads in the shower. I think about kitchen floor plans and colour combinations and relationship issues. Now shower time is my serious thinking time so the fact that I'm using part of that time for GW.... well yea, it's in my brain.

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

I have a very hard time passing by my computer without taking a quick look at GW. Sometimes that quick looks turns into an hour lost. Will the novelty wear off after a while?

• bpath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jelly toast, no. You find new forums. Someone posts a link to blogs you become addicted to. You start shopping for brooms. It's insidious. But along the way, you learn a lot...like about frozen cookie dough.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

bpathome - "You start shopping for brooms." LOL!!!! Seriously, I scared a cat when I burst out laughing.

And then you find the conversation sides of the forums (see my comment about relationship issues), and you start liking the people and checking in to see how they're doing.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Drawers! You are supposed to think of drawers when you see CEF.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

I find myself craving reveals! lol I just love seeing all the different looks and hearing the stories of what it took etc. I sign on a few times a day to check for them and love when one pops up. They seem to come in spurts. There was a thread a while back, sorry I forget the OP, urging those who haven't posted one to get going. Even love the partial and not quite finished pictures.

• vpierce
    9 years ago

We were on vacation last week and stayed at a very nice house in a resort area. I immediately began mentally critiquing the kitchen layout (oooh, poor placement of microwave, dated backsplash, not enough room between fridge and island--should have used french door fridge, etc). That I was doing it was not a total surprise, but then out of the blue my DH started making comments. GW by osmosis?

• romy718
    9 years ago

Sometimes I feel guilty that my kitchen has been done for months & I'm still on the kitchen forum (addicted). But then I think, somebody has to stay behind & help the new posters.
    I'd also like to learn more about layouts.
    I love gardening & have huge flower beds & tons of pots. Do I spend any time in the gardening forums, NO, too busy in the kitchen forum.
    I owe a reveal. I'm waiting for DH to take pics. My photo skills are end with my iPhone.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

[Chanting]
    Cookie Dough.
    Cookie Dough.
    (Drawers)
    Cookie Dough.
    (Reese's Cups)
    Cookie Dough...

LOL!
    I belong to the GW gardening boards, and have since 2004. I hop over there, but I'm addicted just stuck here, since my kitchen remains in perpetual "getting there."

Can't tell you how many people I've referred here. Like a virus, it's contagious!

• amck2
    9 years ago

Cooking & baking are creative outlets for me so I appreciate a kitchen that's well-designed for function as well as pretty to look at and pleasant to spend time in. The GW Kitchen Forum has been the best source I've ever come across to get unbiased, tried & true information about how to create a beautiful hard-working kitchen.

I completed a kitchen in our lake build 7 yrs. ago and learned so much here. The past 5 yrs. were primarily spent caregiving my Mom (advanced Alzheimer's.) She passed last Fall and I was finally ready to face a remodel at home this Spring.

It's a real upheaval and I wouldn't have been up for it were it not for a broken range & failing fridge that forced the issue.

Regular check-ins to this forum have not only provided me with inspiration and information. I get a pick-me-up from reading notes from other folks who are muddling through the process dealing with delays and disappointments.

It's such a treat seeing the reveals - and I love them all! The low-budget DIY's to the high end showhouses.

I have lots of family and friends IRL, but only my DD shares my interest and delight in all things kitchen-related. So this is my spot to visit when I have time to myself. I don't know that it's an actual addiction...but I sure would miss this place and I plan to still hang around after my own kitchen is done.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Ok- guilty
    I told myself that I would not look at GW for 3 weeks on our bicycle trip.
    I failed miserably.
    Reveals, drawers, KAW, oh my!
    My mantra should have been, lions and tigers and bears- oh my!
    We did see bears but no lions or tigers

• iroll_gw
    9 years ago

When we watch TV and a kitchen appears on the screen, my husband says, "You're critiquing the kitchen, aren't you?" And I am...............................

• westsider40
    9 years ago

Tko. Forever

• eleena
    9 years ago

I had to take a "forced" break from GW (too much has been going on) but I have not been able to walk into any kitchen without mentally re-designing it. LOL.

• deegw
    9 years ago

DH was showing me a video related to National Dog Day. The video was of a pup in a kitchen trying to snatch something from the counter. I said to to my husband, "Where is this video from? That's not an American kitchen."

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Man, I wish I could remember what sign it was that I misread. It had something to do with auto repair or parts and I totally read it as something kitchen related, lol!

And in my mind CEF is forever linked to beaded inset cabinets. :o)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area