Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a decent microwave with convection oven setting...

Posted by purrus (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 10:44

that is not super expensive?

We are gearing up to go without a kitchen for six weeks (minimum), and I'm thinking that this appliance could be useful. We need a new microwave anyway, but I'd like to have a way to roast veggies for the baby since our oven is gas and we won't be able to use it at all.

We will have a shelf for our microwave in the new kitchen, so it won't be a hardwired deal.

Would love any recommendations. thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a decent microwave with convection oven setting...

I have a GE Profile Advantium microwave/convection oven that's a few (several?) years old that I absolutely loved. Sadly the microwave went kaput last year. I still haven't taken it out because the oven works incredibly well and I don't like heating a full size oven for a pan of bread. Everything comes out perfectly done. I've looked at replacements, but they are quite expensive, at least to me.

o

This is why I haven't replaced mine!

Here is a link that might be useful: GE Advantium micro/convection

o

The Advantium is expensive. Alternatives would be the Sharp and GE. I also think Panasonic makes one, but I'm not sure. Bosch has one now but it is also at a higher price.

o

Here's a Kitchenaid at about 1/2 the price of Advantium. It's a countertop, so it may work for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: countertop micro/conv

o

I have always heard that Sharp makes the best microwave ovens. They've been around a long time--I sold them back in 1980, and they were good then!

o

I have the Bosch but must confess to never having used the convection oven feature. I naturally go to my beloved Breville toaster oven for baking/roasting small quantities of food (not convection tho).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here