Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
home4all6

portoro marble as accent in kitchen?

home4all6
11 years ago

I'm trying to makes some decisions on finishes in our kitchen plan, just to get some ideas as we meet with builders. (So far, they have all told me I do not want soapstone or marble in my kitchen, and look at me like a silly little lady who knows not of what she speaks..we'll see about that!)

Anyway, on to my question...my new kitchen will be somewhat open to my living room. And my living room has a large, original fireplace, with white painted wood mantle, and black marble surround. I've searched online, and I think it is port'oro marble, or something similar. I'd like to replicate this look somewhere, somehow in my kitchen.

Ann sacks has it available in a variety of sizes (2"x16", 3"x6", and 12", 16", and 18" squares) but I'm just not sure how/where to try to include it? I'm thinking somewhere in the range wall, as an accent? The range wall will sit opposite of the fireplace wall in the LR, although they will not be open to each other completely. So maybe I should try to mimic the look of the mantle with my hood? I was leaning more toward a stainless vent hood, but this might more unique and interesting? I just can't visualize it AT ALL!!

{{!gwi}}

I'm going for a look like katieob's and breezygirl's, with white shaker cabs, maybe soapstone on perimeters and marble or walnut on the island...but nothing is "set in stone" as of yet (did you see what I did there??)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks portoro marble

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz