Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So, we have decided on Corian! Must finalize details.

Posted by this_old_1969_ranch (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 10:32

Hi Everybody,

I had a thread and can't find it right now, but we are going to go with Corian counters!!!! Specifically Martha Stewart -- either --- RAVINE (medium) or SORREL (dark).

I have creamy cabinets and Tony Taupe walls. ORB pulls. Either one will be great.

I am a little concerned about the darker countertop getting scratched and beat up. We also have hard water. We decided to avoid granite because of staining, but Trebuchet said that Corain will do better with it, and I believe that.

SHOULD WE GO WITH AN INTEGRATED SINK? Off white color like my cabs? Or go with an under mount stainless sink?

I was looking at Home Depot. Can I find a fabricator on my own? How would I do that, or should I just go through HD?

What about these integrated backslashes?

Sorry I'm all caps and loud, I'm excited and in a hurry and need to get these things figured out and I want to be happy with the results. I am so happy we are doing Corian, I think it will be great. Now to pick the color and the details and get it done!!!!!!!

Thanks for your advice! Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So, we have decided on Corian! Must finalize details.

I put in Maui medium- dark with a equal double bowl integrated white sink in my mom's house..I love it and miss it..(we moved) it has been done for over 10 years and I think it all still looks great. I still rub my hands across the counters when I walk in that kitchen. The cabs are light stained Maple.
I love the integrated sink..zero seams smooth and easy to wipe down.
Soft scrub and a green scrubby are your friends. This was taken right after the counters were installed. There is now a half glass tile backsplash. Goes to the height of the window on that wall.

I will probably go the same route in our current kitchen when we remodel it. Corian and integrated. It's at the top of my list.

This post was edited by terri_pacnw on Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 12:00

o

We did not do an integrated sink with out RainCloud. I didn't like the look. We've had ours for two and a half years and it's worked great. Our local fabricator was less only than going through Costco or Lowes and we got to support a local family business.

o

this_old_1969_ranch:

Just because you choose a stainless steel sink does not mean you have to sacrifice integration. Beautiful look and no positive or negative reveals to catch crud ever. We've got the "D" and love it. See the link.

You can find your own fabricator or go through HD. Shop around.

Like an integrated sink, a coved backsplash is the most sanitary option available. Fabricators have some room to negotiate on this, believe me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Karran

o

Martha's colors are HD exclusives. If you want those specific MS colors, you'll have to use HD.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here