Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Considering Blanco Precis 1 3/4 sink with drainboard

Posted by mltoms (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 10:20

I love sinks with drainboards, DH hates stainless steel, and the huge enamel sinks with double drainboards aren't either of our styles.

It looks like the Blanco Precis (Silgranit II) would work.

1) Any thoughts on the sink? Our cabinet guy doesn't foresee a problem putting it in a 48" cabinet with some of the drainboard crossing over to the next cab.

2) Any recommendations for the faucet? DH doesn't love the pro-look faucets.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Considering Blanco Precis 1 3/4 sink with drainboard

I have the smaller Blanco Precis Cascade with a low split divide. It's 28' wide x 18'-no drain board.

I knew I was going to get Silgranit II after reading about it on GW as SS alternative. It's just a great sink, great color (MG), even DH raves about it. It's under-mounted using the Sink Setter which the fabricator knew all about: good product to think about.

I wanted a Blanco faucet, thinking their designers work specifically with their sinks. I have the Blanco Culina and love it.

Now if I can just figure out the gray glass back splash shown with the sink you're considering I'd be good to go!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Precis

o
RE: Considering Blanco Precis 1 3/4 sink with drainboard

I'm considering this sink as well. I like how the cutting board can go across the drainboard, if I need the entire sink available. And you can use the colander and cutting board at the same time because they are at different levels. This must be a new design, as I can't find much on it. Amazon has two 5 star reviews.
I don't see how install would be a problem. Basically the drainboard is taking the place of the countertop.
Currently I like the Kohler Karbon faucet for its functionality. Looks-wise, not so much, but I can live with it for good function. It's better than a pullout faucet because you can let go and it will stay in any place, where a pullout would just flop down or retract back to the base.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here