Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pull down tablet holder and under cabinet lighting

Posted by anldsmom (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 10:20

I've always wanted under cabinet lighting and an under counter pull down tablet/ipad holder, since I keep all my recipes on my ipad and it gets splattered on the counter. I'm wondering do these two things work together? I wanted to do led strip lights near the front of the cabinet. My uppers will be 12" deep.

Is there enough room for both?

And will the lights create heat or glare that close to my ipad screen?

Can anyone recommend a good pull down tablet holder?

Any experience would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pull down tablet holder and under cabinet lighting

Hope you get some good answers as that's exactly what I want! Right now I hang printed recipes from the metro shelf over the counter where I'm putting the dish together. I think I would give up my kitchen TV if necessary (absolutely necessary) in order to have a pull down tablet shelf.

o

Haven't used it myself, but look at the Adorne system. Modular lights, power outlets, tablet holders, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Adorne under-cab system

o

In further searching I found the following thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0200164414290.html

I swear I put in a myriad of search words before and it didn't come up.

Also, this:
http://www.familyhandyman.com/kitchen/storage/kitchen-storage-projects-that-create-more-space/step-by-step#step3

It seems the undercabinet lighting limits the space enough that a regular depth upper may not allow it to fit. Of course, I'm getting rid of my angled corner cabinet! Maybe I'll just keep propping it up on top of my trifle bowl. In this remodel, I'm finding too many of my "dream" ideas being struck down by reality. sigh.

o

The concept of using a fixed stand sounds good but it is not for me.

The beauty of using an IPAD is flexibility. I place it anywhere in the kitchen (counters, island..etc.) on the built in stand of its iPad case. I don't want to keep on returning to the same spot checking information such as next step on a cooking recipe...

What if the size/shape of future IPAD changes, the stand may not fit any more. To me the less mechanic moving parts installed in a kitchen, the less potential repair problem.

I use protection screen and iPad case to keep it from being soiled.

o

LED tape lighting takes up maybe 3/8" inch. It's compatible with just about any type of under upper storage or pull down that you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here