Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Tell me about your Grohe pullout faucets

purrus
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a sleek pullout faucet in chrome finish. I love the look of the Ladylux faucet but I keep reading where people have had issues with the handle hitting the countertop or the wall behind it (or something like that). Is this really an issue? I will be installing it with an undermount sink on quartz cabinets, with a tile backsplash.

Is there a particular one you recommend? My KD said she personally avoids pull DOWN faucets because the head/hose is often left hanging and looks bad. Do these faucets do this? My H will never, ever put the faucet back unless it is automatic, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that will look sloppy when anyone but me is using it.

Would love any recommendations you have. Or recommendations for other brands and styles, although I love the look of these, something similar could work as well. And also, of course, where to find it for cheap--I splurged like crazy on countertops and I need to be somewhat budget-minded on the faucet.

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

The hoses neither "always hang down" nor do they retract automatically. You have to push them in and then they "dock", I think with magnets.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

I'll share one thing that may help. I chose the Grohe Bridgeford pulldown based on looks and feel.
    It is my first pulldown, having had dual handle with side spray before. One thing I didn't check was if the spray locked on, and it does not on this faucet. This is very annoying because I use spray 90% of the time, and I can't use two hands under the faucet! The faucet was not cheap, so I'm stuck with it for a while at least it is very nice otherwise...

• kalapointer
    9 years ago

I have two Grohe Ladylux Pro Faucets, one for the main sink and one for the prep sink. I love them. The pull down does not automatically return into place, but it does not hang too far down if you don't return it. The spray does lock on and it turns off when you turn off the water.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

We've had a Grohe Ladylux pullout (Plus?) and a pulldown (Café?) for almost 15 years in our current kitchen. Both are great but I like the pullout better because it has the locking spray feature that ctycdm mentioned -- you can also switch back and forth between spray and stream without shutting off the water. We will be using the pullout faucet again in our new kitchen. Good luck!

This post was edited by Oaktown on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 14:30

• ck_squared
    9 years ago

I have two Grohe faucets from the Ladylux3 line. One is a pull out, the other is a pull down. They are both great faucets. We previously had a Grohe Ladylux Plus pull out which was also a great faucet. The pull out has a switch and toggle between stream and spray. The pull down has a switch only; you have to turn it off to switch back to stream.

Neither of them hang out/down. They have metal hoses which was a big plus for me. You simply click them back into place to return them to dock, if you don't there is a very slight gap in the pull down when you don't click it into place. It's the cheaper faucets that will hang down and look messy.

I would check out faucetdirect.com. They are a reputable company with great customer service. I have purchased many products from them over the last few years.

• purrus
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! you guys are most helpful.

I am pretty sure I want the spray to lock on. I think I'd be pretty annoyed if it didn't do that. However, I don't like the look of the Ladylux Plus as much as the Pro.

Are there other faucets that have this feature that look more like the pro?

Also, I will have a 32-inch sink, that will be ten inches deep. I want to be sure the sprayer can reach all those corners. Will this be a problem with any of the Grohes?

Thank you all again for the amazing help!

• purrus
    Original Author
    9 years ago

bump for my last series of questions! thanks again!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

purrus, I'm not exactly sure what the Ladylux Pro looks like (I see differences in the pictures when I google it), but the Hansgrohe Citterio looks quite a bit like one of them, and has both the locking sprayer as well as the toggle (a button to turn the spray from spray to stream and back, rather than having to turn off the water altogether).

• purrus
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OK, thanks! yes, the pictures online are inconsistent for the Pro model, as well as the plus.

I'm not looking at the Delta Trinsic, which is much cheaper (and that is very attractive to me). About to start a new thread.