Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjr5232_gw

mascarpone or acadia cabinets need matching subway tile

sjr5232
12 years ago

Hi,

We are remodeling our kitchen and are deciding between BM mascarpone and Acadia white for our cabinets. I am wondering if anyone has found a basic white subway tile that matches either of these two colors (for the backsplash). I know that many people think it is not important to "match" and although I agree in many instances, I know myself and I know that I will be bothered if the subway tile and the cabinet color are close, but not the same.

We will have hard wood floors and leathered jet mist countertops.

Thank you for your help!

Comments (10)

• bethcw
    12 years ago

I don't have a backsplash yet, but wanted to chime in to let you know that I absolutely ADORE my BM Marscapone cabinetry. It is a GORGEOUS soft white. Not too yellow, not too stark. I am absolutely thrilled. Our counters are leathered nevada matrix (so also dark) an dour floors are a copper/black/gray faux slate porcelain tile.

Beth

• babushka_cat
    12 years ago

shamelessly bumping as i need an answer to this too!!

• nutherokie_gw
    12 years ago

I don't have an answer, but have you considered finding a tile you love and then having paint custom mixed to match? It's easy to tweak paint color, tile... not so easy.

• EMH107
    12 years ago

I am considering mascarpone for my cabinets, so I can't wait to hear the answer. Please post pics when the cabinets are done.

Thanks!

• artemis78
    12 years ago

They're pricey, but I believe the Heath Ceramics tiles in Opaque White are a pretty good match for Acadia White. (I see on their website that they now have a color called "New Opaque White" instead, though, so no clue if that is similar...) Unfortunately I didn't keep the sample so can't doublecheck, though.

What ended up being a better plan for us was to do tile in a brighter white than the Acadia (which our trim and cabinets are painted in). We also have white appliances and I didn't want some whites to match and some not to match, as if we couldn't get an exact match. It seems to work, so that could also be an option---just be sure the shade works with the creamy tones of whichever white you go with.

• Lori Ryan
    12 years ago

I am just completing pur kitchen Reno. I have Durasupreme cabinets in Acadia white. I used Sonoma Tiles, the Market Collection in Mohave white. I will try and post a picture later. But it is a great match. I used 4x4 and subways with a bead detail. There are a lot of options with this collection.

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

I had also thought of paint matching but you really have to see how the tile looks in your lighting. The paint and tile when vertical will look different in your kitchen with your lighting. I'd get samples if I were you... paint samples and tile samples.

• susanroman_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Hi,
    Bethcw - Thank you so much for letting me know that you love your mascarpone cabinets. This is such a big decision - I think Mascarpone looks beautiful in the sample, it's nice to hear you love it on your cabinets!

nutherokie - I agree that approach makes sense, and I may have to do that. That being said, I really love the mascarpone and acadia paints and I don't feel strongly about subway tile. Maybe I haven't seen enough to really notice the difference between tiles . . .

artemis78 and LRy511 - Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will definitely look at those tiles.

remodelfla - I would like to get as many samples as possible. Unfortunately, I don't live in an area where I can look at many tile samples. I think I'm going to have to order samples, so I'm hoping to narrow it down.

Thanks for all of your help, and I will definitely try to figure out how to post pictures as this renovation moves forward!

• vitamins
    12 years ago

I have my walls painted with BM Mascarpone and I think that it is a good match for my back-splash which is Rixi Crema tile. (My cabinets are not painted; they are cherry.) Rixi Crema is not exactly a basic white (it is kind of a crazed cream-colored tile) which is what you seemed to ask for, but it is a gorgeous tile and looks great with the Mascarpone. The subways in it are 2 1/2 X 5, though, which may not be what you want. My back-splash has both the subways and the 5X5 tiles and I am very happy with it.

• sjr5232
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you vitamins!