Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

Braava-For anyone who doubts it will stop at stairs

brightm
9 years ago

"I'm" mopping my new kitchen for the first time (my Braava is). We have porcelain tile in the kitchen and LVT in the dining room through an open doorway.

When I used to mop with the Braava when I had vinyl in the kitchen, if I just wanted to mop one room or the other, I had to set up a barrier system (you can buy things to make it stop I think, but that's what trashcans and dog gates are for at my house).

Now, while mopping the kitchen, it stops when it senses it's front over the edge of the bullnose piece! Very cool.

We have the same LVT throughout most of the house (soon to be all but the baths, but it's been backordered for a while and we've been a wee-bit busy with the kitchen). Most places I have doors I can open or close to corral it. The only big expanse I have to deal with now is the Living/Dining/Entry space, and usually I'm good doing that all at once.

I will note that I've been super happy with the Braava from about January on when we got the bulk of our LVT. But now that we've gone through some construction in the house, I see that there are times when I'm really going to have to mop. It's great for making things look good and since I don't have kids crawling around on the floor. But it's now apparent it won't get EVERYTHING up in one or two passes when there's been a lot of stuff flying around.