Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ludy_2009

Thanks Everyone! We are done! (Pics)

ludy-2009
14 years ago

Thanks to all who were so helpful! It's a good feeling to be done!

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchenphotos

Comments (34)

• marybeth1
    14 years ago

Very pretty and classy looking please give details!

• alwaysfixin
    14 years ago

Looks great! I particularly like your hood and stainless backsplash. Can you provide details on those items? Thanks.

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you and sure. The hood is Futuro Futuro 36" Intro Wall Hood and I purchased it online (www.futurofuturo.com). They were absolutely wonderful. Great follow up help when contractor installed. Quick shipping. Very helpful by phone, easy installation. The stainless steel backsplash was made by Custom Metals of Virginia. Another great company -- they also made our bar counter. Dealt with Dennis Johnson and he was a complete pleasure -- also very helpful. Quick service. We were very happy with both of these suppliers!

• stretchad
    14 years ago

What kind of floors are those??

• kelleg69
    14 years ago

Great job. It looks extremely pulled together and well thought out. I love white cabinets, so it definitely catches my eye. I like that it has clean lines, but is still kind of traditional.

• megpie77
    14 years ago

Judy it looks absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it. I especially love the print on the kitchen chairs. All those little details give lots of charm. I love your frige too. It has such clean lines. What kind of cabinets do you have and what color of white are they? Enjoy your new kitchen!

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for your nice comments! The floors are handscraped maple 5 1/8" boards. The color is "Vienna." We also purchased our flooring online. Samples were free. The flooring was delivered quickly. No problems.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, very sleek and yet still very warm and inviting!! I knew you must be in VA since I spied your Nancy Thomas prints on one wall! ;)

Kat :)

• palimpsest
    14 years ago

Very nice, I love the hood.

• prill
    14 years ago

It looks great. I like the lines. It all flows together beautifully. Can you give e details on your glass cabinet knobs and your backsplash? Thanks!

• annanna
    14 years ago

Very nice, I love everything!

• gsciencechick
    14 years ago

Just gorgeous! Love the wall color, too! What is that?

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Megpie77, thanks for your nice comments. The cabinets are Brookhaven, Alpine White. Kat -- LOL -- she's all over the house! Pril - thanks and glass knobs are from lookintheattic.com and tile is 2 x 4 Calacutta Marble by Akdo. gsciencechick -- color is BM Smoked Oyster. Thanks All!

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Ludy, my mom was a big Nancy Thomas fan and her friends all have them all over their homes as well. I would love to get her state plaques for Maryland and Indiana for hubby's and my home states, sadly she doesn't make one for Indiana yet! Our daughter just graduated from W&M and my mom was a Virginian through and through. We laugh and say she influenced where our kids went to college and where our daughter found work...even in the afterlife she wanted to see her family in VA! lol

Those Nancy Thomas prints in your beautiful kitchen give it a wonderful kick of color like only Nancy can!

Kat :)

• stretchad
    14 years ago

A follow up question to my original one about the floors - which site did you buy your floors from? We're looking at Maple for our kitchen/house remodel as well. Looks great up against the white cabinets!

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Stretchad, we purchased from BuildDirect.com. Dealt with Kuba Kuburic -- timely and no problems. We've only had the floors uncovered a week so I cannot comment on wear yet. Kat -- we love her angels and her "Seasons" collection. They do add nice color. Thanks for the story, my husband and I both enjoyed it.

• annes_arbor
    14 years ago

What a lovely kitchen. I love the mix of styles. And that light fixture is fabulous.

• mamalynn
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I love that delicious looking warm color on the walls. Great job!

• rdas
    14 years ago

Beautiful...what countertops do you have -- they look gorgeous!

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Rdas, thanks! The countertops are soapstone.

• zeebee
    14 years ago

Lovely kitchen - it looks 'new' yet fits in perfectly in the space. You have a real eye for blending colors and adding accent touches, and I love the marble backsplash.

• pharaoh
    14 years ago

Lovely! Nice selection of materials, design, textures and layout..

• plllog
    14 years ago

Very pretty! I like the way you utilized the interesting lines.

• redroze
    14 years ago

Beautiful!! I love the contrast of the white cabinets, white chairs, white table with all the dark - dark hardwood floors, grey paint. Looks amazing. I've never seen that type of range hood before that's straight. Looks nice and streamlined.

• dreamywhite
    14 years ago

I love white kitchens and yours is beautiful. I can't wait until my new white kitchen is done. Thank you for sharing, I needed to look at a new white kitchen tonight, it can be very addictive :)

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Very nicely done!

• earthpal
    14 years ago

Congrats! Great job on combining all of those different colors and styles into a very blended together look! Glad to hear your feedback regarding Futuro Futuro since we are thinking of ordering from them as well.

Love to hear how you like your new frig too! We are hoping to hold onto ours for a few more years, but, I am looking to have something in mind jic. Is the freezer really easy to use with minimal squatting and digging thru the piles? Okay, I know you have to move in first, but do let us know! Thanks!

Enjoy!!

• southernstitcher
    14 years ago

Very well laid out, and beautiful color scheme. I would love to work in this kitchen!

• timber.j
    14 years ago

Very pretty! Enjoy your new kitchen!

• judydel
    14 years ago

Ludy you've created such an inviting space. Congratulations! Especially love your backsplash and the contrast of colors. And the chairs . . . wow they are beautiful. Could you share the manufacturer and source pretty please?

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Plldog-- the lines were a challenge and we were going for clean linea. Earth pal -- the refrigerator is a Liebherr and we are very happy. It is energy efficient but also has a dual compressor which was very important -- I've pulled way too many heads of frozen lettuce from my old refrigerators. The freezer is great -- no complaints, but I shop frequently. If you freeze a lot of foods, you might want something bigger or a second. Judydel the table is Lexington -- it was in our dining room, but I removed the leaves and put it in the kitchen -- had seatcovers replaced with fabric from Calico Corners. Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments!

• chartma530
    14 years ago

I love your kitchen and dining area. Your colors and decorative touches are beautiful and unique. Would you mind sharing where you purchased your dining room chandelier?
    Thanks!

• jan_jan
    14 years ago

I love it! I want to copy your built in table. It's perfect becuase you still have a table but also a built in. I am going to copy you when we save up some more money. :) I also adore the wall color and the backsplash. Good job.

• ludy-2009
    Original Author
    14 years ago

jan jan -- Very observant! Yes, we did the built in to allow us to push the table back and have a clear walkway to the dining room. We were without a built-in before and felt the old table sometimes impeded flow. kitty car -- thanks and the light is from arcadianlighting.com (Fusion Contemporary Chandelier)-- comes in differrent sizes.