Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rearranged plan

Posted by jubilante (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 5, 13 at 10:05

I considered the suggestions made to my first post, and switched some things around.

The longest wall is 18ft (excluding pantry), the shorter is about 12 ft.

Is this better?

photo IMG_9519.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rearranged plan

Not sure if this would work and I'm no KD, but I would want my ovens where the fridge is..on the same run as the cooktop. I think I would put the fridge either on the sink wall where the ovens are now or on the pantry wall. Or, only have one sink--on the island with the DW...put the fridge on the existing sink wall..and have the long pantry as you have it now. Im not a big cook and maybe it's just me...but frankly I never quite understood the logic of having a "prep sink" within a few feet of the main sink...particularly if you have enough prep space by the main sink. I think it is redundant and just takes up real estate. I love your two big windows flanking the cooktop and the big pantry.

o

the fridge on the back wall however with the island sink and good counter both to the rt of fridge and around island creates a nice zone. Then the main cook doing meal prep between range and side wall sink has a zone out of the way of transient people in/out of fridge/tending to themselves in that area.......[coming from living room side?].....It just depends on numbers of people circulating in/around kitchen on a regular basis.

o

I'd swap the ovens and fridge, too.

Take a look right now at where you put things down to load or remove from the fridge. Probably to do something with them in the sink.

Ovens don't need to be nearby. You put something in it and forget about it for xxx minutes. The fridge you're in and out of all the time, even if it's just filling ice trays (am I dating myself?).

You've got a nice lot of space!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here