Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mease44

Grohe vs. Kohler faucets?

mease44
15 years ago

Does any one have any experience or opinions on a Grohe or Kohler pull out spray faucet. They basically look the same and there is a price difference. I am concerned more about quality. Thanks!

Comments (7)

• elizgonz
    15 years ago

I had the same question when I was deciding. It seemed that everyone I asked said that Kohler was very good, but that Grohe was better. I also have heard that Grohe has excellent customer service. I ended up going with the Grohe Ladylux Pro in Chrome. I am completely happy with it and am impressed with the quality of the pull-out. It works so smoothly.

• saskiasmom
    15 years ago

I have had the Grohe Alira pull out for about a month now and find it the smoothest faucet I've ever used. Totally happy. It does have the rubber toggle for spray, but it works well and I've heard Grohe will replace it if it ever breaks down.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I have the Kohler Fairfax pull out faucet on my prep sink and it's great! It pulls out & reseats itself smoothly, it does have the rubber knob, but it works very well. It pulls out far enough to reach a stock pot on the counter for filling AND for the 5-gallon bucket for the fish tank! I have no regrets and would put it in again if I had it to do over!

[I also have the Kohler Vinnata on my main sink...but it's a pull down as opposed to a pull out faucet. I really like that one as well....I like that I can twist the head slightly to redirect the stream while it's still seated. I also like twisting the whole faucet so it's over a measuring cup or stock pot on the counter for measuring or filling and, like the Fairfax, the pull down action is very smooth and the faucet head is easily reseated.]

HTH!

• pigeen
    15 years ago

Grohe does have excellent customer service -- and the reason I know this is that I've had more than one occasion to call on them. Frankly I don't think my Grohe Allira was worth the money. It is, however, a beautiful design

• Lydia Percell
    15 years ago

Why pay more for Grohe when Kohler has an excellent product? I really didn't see anything about the more expensive line to suggest itself over the Kohler.

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

I think they're both excellent higher end brands. If they both look the same, then go with the best priced one imo. I bought a Grohe and bid over and over again on ebay before I finally won the model I wanted at a better price than local retail - still to high though but I really, really liked the style.

• smilingjudy
    15 years ago

No offense meant to those of you who have Kohler and love it, but I have banned any further Kohler plumbing fixtures from my home. I put all Kohler in my master bath and have had too many problems to name.

Since they massively increased their production and started selling to the masses through HD, quality has gone downhill. This was confirmed to me by a kitchen and bath supplier in town who stopped selling Kohler when quality started to slide.

Starting to look at faucets now and I'm considering just about any brand except Kohler. The ladylux looks very nice, but I think it's beyond my budget. :(