Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smilinghouse_gw

Cambria Countertops

smilinghouse
11 years ago

I need help choosing a kitchen counter. I am going with Cambria quartz and would like to do something light on the island and something darker (but not black) on the perimeter cabs. I am terrible at making decisions and want to stop thinking about it!!!! Any suggestions/photos of cambria out there would be VERY helpful to me!

Comments (16)

• deedles
    11 years ago

Can you post a picture of your cabinets or at least explain what else you've got going on? That will probably help you get more suggestions.

• maries1120
    11 years ago

When you go to the Cambria site and select a countertop for the Design Board (or something like that) they show you a coordinating countertop if you want to use two.

• smilinghouse
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't have pictures...kitchen is ripped apart...floors going in within a few days then cabinets. Cabinets are dove white light antique with rubbed bronze hardware. Floors are dark stained hickory. Island is dark stained maple. Paint is yet to be determined...could use help with that as well!! I wish I had a the floor sample here for pics but I don't!!

• hags00
    11 years ago

Movement (pattern and color changes) is a one of the big decisions when choosing Cambria. Do you like it? Or is it too busy for you? My tendency would be to but something subtler on one of the two areas so they don't battle with one another.

The Waterstone Collection for Cambria are absolutely beautiful patterns and colors but they do have a lot of movement.

• smilinghouse
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am thinking about Bellingham on the dark stain island and Sussex on the perimeter dove white cabinets...that is what I am leaning towards. Thoughts!!??

• beeps
    11 years ago

I think you have a great combo there. The Sussex is what they show as complementary to the Bellingham on the website. Seeing the Bellingham with the Sussex there they look very pretty together. I also agree with the big movement on the island, and I think you have the right colors with the right cabs. Excellent choices. It's going to be beautiful!

• hags00
    11 years ago

I have Sussex in my current kitchen and love it!

I think the Bellingham would look great with it.

• smilinghouse
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks...I feel better knowing that others think it would look good! I don't have a designer bone in my body!!! I just hope the dark hickory looks good with it! Now onto a paint colour...there aren't many of those right??!!

• mjher1
    11 years ago

I hate to add to your confusion, but I was visiting my Cambria man today and he told me there is a new colour collection coming out within the week!
    I had narrowed my search to Bellingham and New Quay, until he told me that. I am also having stained cabs.

• smilinghouse
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes that does add to the confusion!!! BUT...it also gives me time not to think about it until the new colours come out! Thanks.

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Sounds like your palette is similar to my in-progress kitchen:

Perimeter is ivory cream, island is espresso stained, and the perimeter countertop is chocolate Paperstone (which I LOVE). I'm waiting on Cambria Buckingham for the island top. You might want to know that the more popular Cambria colors are backordered. I put money down for the quartz on July 12, and I'll be lucky to get one of the slabs being delivered to the stone yard on August 26th. And then there's the time for fabrication. Oh, well, good things to those who wait, and I hope we both love our Cambria countertops!!

One more thing: I had to choose paint color (SW stonington gray) before the Cambria was in, and hope that it works out well. I wish I could have waited to see everything together before picking paint.

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Hard to tell from a picture online, but the Oakhampton looks chocolate-y, (like my paperstone), and the Sussex looks more grey. You might be surprised when your kitchen guy comes over tomorrow. There are a lot of choices, but you might find a combo that just clicks for you. I hope so!

• smilinghouse
    Original Author
    11 years ago

More help please!! Here is a pic of the floor, stain for island and cab colour. I think I am set on the Cambria New Quay for the island but don't know what to do for perimeter cabs. Any help would be appreciated!! I am open to suggestions!!

• smilinghouse
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have narrowed it down to one of the top 2 countertops. Sussex is at the top and Oakhampton (both Cambria) under it. The stain on the island is actually darker than it appears in the terrible photo...it is the colour of the oakhampton countertop. Let me know!!

• hags00
    11 years ago

It is probably not fair of me to vote because I have the Sussex in my current kitchen and love it. I am moving soon and will miss it! I also think it looks great with the New Quay.

But honestly, I do think the Sussex is better paired with the New Quay, even if I wasn't biased!