Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ganite Advice - which one or both?

Posted by mjocean (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 9:07

Hi,

I'm now looking at Paricema White granite. The granite looks much greener in the photo (this seems to be a problem with my camera). The 1st photo is #1 - slab only.

Please comment!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ganite Advice - which one or both?

This is granite #1 with the cabinet door

o

This is granite # 2 slab only.

o

This granite #2 with the cabinet door. I'm considering granite #2 for the island (+/-9.9 ft X 4 ft) and granite # 1 for the counters. They areboth Paricema White. Thoughts?

o

Granite #2 with the cabinet door.

o

I LOVE the granite. I can't see the color variation in the granite but my initial thought is that the granite doesn't go well with the door color.

Can you post a close up view of the cabinet door and the #2 granite?

o

I won't be able to get an up close photo until next week. A close up is a good idea - perhaps my camera will capture the true color of the granite. DH and a friend were both there while taking photos and we all agreed the color in the photos does NOT reflect the true color of the granite. It is almost a blue/gray in the darker areas.

o

I think the granite is beautiful and agree that slab #1 would be better for countertops and #2 for island. I think the color looks ok with the cabinet color but since that's not the true color I guess it's a moot point anyway! Good luck! : )

o

Hi Eustacem,

DH likes #2 best overall, however I think the lighter section in the lower right hand corner would not look good on the counters. Thank you for your comments.
Granite selection has been a bear!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here