Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mountaineergirl_gw

Help! I need faucet advice fast!

mountaineergirl
13 years ago

Finally I'm able to log in!

The fabricators are coming in 3 hours to template and now I'm second guessing my faucet choice! How important is it that I have the EXACT faucet when they come??? My problem is I don't think that my tall goose neck faucet will look right. I don't know if I'm just used to seeing a lower profile faucet, or if it is really going to look stupid to have a higher faucet. I'm afraid my window sill will be too close to the faucet and it just won't look right. Also it will stick up several inches above my window - which I'm not used to. What if since my sink is a 60/40 they cannot center it? then it will look silly if sticking up above the window, but not centered. Please help!

here is my current faucet:

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (7)

• brickton
    13 years ago

Deep breaths. I think your choice of faucet is great, and will look fine even if it's not perfectly centered on the window. Take a look at this thread, specifically there are 2-3 60/40 split sinks centered on windows where a similar faucet is pushed just left or right of center by the 60/40 split. It looks completely normal.

Thread is here

Like this:

Or this:

• svs128
    13 years ago

I love your new faucet... probably because I have the some one! ;)

I agree with Brickton, a faucet pushed to the left or right by the 60/40 split will look fine.

If you do decide to change faucets it should be OK. My fabricator didn't even look at my faucet during the templating - he will drill the faucet holes on site during installation.

• mountaineergirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for your replies! I do feel somewhat better, and maybe its just what I' used to, but I feel like my new faucet will be "overpowering" because its so huge compared to my old one. I don't know I'm just confused. wish someone would just TELL me what to do.

• mountaineergirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK I just called the fab guy and he said as long as I know how many holes I want drilled, I can exchange my faucet for another. I think I will tell him to just drill one hole, and get a single lever pull-out that isn't so big. Guess when it comes down to it - I'm scared of change!!

• jem199
    13 years ago

I have the allora and LOVE it. I was also concerned about the size. DH said it's one of the best improvements we made. Be advised, tho, with the single handled Allora, the handle is designed to be on the right and that could provide complications if something is in the way. The install for our soap dispenser required us to put the Allora handle to the left. It works fine, but just thought I'd throw out a caution on checking out the handle position for the single handled faucet.

You will LOVE the gooseneck, tho. It's never in the way. You will be amazed at the comparison.

• kitchenaddict
    13 years ago

Hi mountaineergirl..

I love my gooseneck and 60/40 sink which is right under my window. jem199 is right...the faucet allows you to fill up big things, like 3 gallon water bottles and large buckets, without being in the way..Here's a picture so you can see it for yourself and decide if it's a look for you.

KA:)
    first my sister's kitchen...we have the same faucet and size sink.

here's mine

• mountaineergirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

THanks for your replies! The granite guy is gone, and I decided to return this faucet. Since the handle to turn on the water was separate (unlike the allora) it was going to have to be placed on the left side of the faucet. The reason for that is the right side of my sink is the bigger side, so not enough room to put the handle. Me being right-handed, I'm not sure I could get used to that. I'm having them drill a single hole (they didn't need to take a faucet with them to do that) and I will either get the allora, or a pullout faucet that is a lower profile. There was just something about the faucet being so tall, and then being off-center in front of the sink, it just bothered me. He told me if I were having any second thoughts, not to use it. It may always just be one of those things, maybe no one else notices, but would drive me crazy. So, I'm exchanging it for another single-hole faucet, probably a pull-out.

So any recommendations for a pull-out, rather than a pull-down? I have a delta pull-out in the laundry room, don't know the model, but like it except for the fact it tends to drip a little a few seconds after its turned off. Leaves a water mark on the sink, and I'm a little OCD so I have to go in and wipe up the sink afterward. Or dab the faucet head with a towel to soak up the left-over that drips. hmmmm