Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Faucet Choice for Soapstone

Posted by hunterdonnj (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 8:55

Hi there. I just finalized a soapstone countertop and sink order that will sit on Shiloh shaker style platinum color cabs in a casual farmhouse style setting. But I cannot settle on a faucet. I want a pulldown. The sink will be pretty large, as big as they can fit in a 30" sink cabinet. I think it's very hard to change out the faucet once it's in there, so I am looking for something that will last. Have a Kohler Simplice in the old setup, but we've had to replace the head 1x in the 2 years we have had it (but otherwise great). Hoping for better. Many thanks for any suggestions or success stories!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Faucet Choice for Soapstone

Waterston's PLP or gantry or,best, gantry+articulating arm? These are all pretty pricey choices--but they should last.

o

I should have mentioned budget! I need to stay under $500. I love the waterstone, just beautiful and I don't dare go see one in person for fear or changing my mind on budget.

o

Can you post how the sink and counter are related to each other? It is hard to visualize what kind of faucet without the layout.

o

How weird.
You know how you'll say a word that's not necessarily in my volcabulary and the TV or radio will say it?

I am watching I Hate My Kitchen.
Just as I was reading this, they installed soapstone countertops and said, "Perfect for rolling out your dough."

Oh, my!

o

"I am watching I Hate My Kitchen"

lol.

o

Actually a faucet is one of the easier kitchen items to change out. (Compared to counters, cabinets, floors, etc.). Suggest you find a Moen or Delta pull-down that you like and go with that. Both are reliable brands, they stand behind their products, and will work with your budget. If you find a few styles you like, share that info here and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help making the selection.

o

Ended up with the Moen 7565ss over a similar looking hansgrohe after browsing a well stocked Ferguson showroom that pretty much had everything out on display. Thx for the input. The Moen felt and looked great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here