Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dreamojean

Countertop choices - quartz white?

dreamojean
10 years ago

I'd love help figuring out which Caesarstone or Zodiaq or Corian countertop color to choose - definitely want near-white quartz type countertops for my tiny one-wall/island kitchen, but what color and how white, is the rub. My interior designer says to go as white as possible, but I'm more interested in something with little flecks. On my radar is Caesarstone Ocean Foam (what I am pretty sure friends who live at the beach just used and it looks great with white cabs), Nougat (perhaps too dark), or Frosty Carrina, or Zodiaq Snow White or Cloud White or Corian Antarctica.

Here are kitchen details:

1. White cabinets, flat panel, wood
2. Stainless steel appliances/sink/faucet
3. Hardwood floor, pine, lots of dark/light differentiation
4. Tall tin ceilings and tin backsplash, all painted white
5. Small urban kitchen, 12 feet long, one-wall with all appliances, maybe 7 feet wide, with 5.5 to 6 foot island, 3 foot deep including overhang for stools, dining room rightthere

Thoughts? If I had to choose I'd probably go with Caesarstone Ocean Foam or Zodiaq Cloud White just because I'd enjoy using the small-fleck off-white counters. But would it look good...?

Comments (14)

• mnnie
    10 years ago

Corian is a different product than the others - it is a plastic resin, a "solid surface." The others are considered "quartz," which refers to a manmade product made up of 94% quartz stone held together by a resin, but retaining much of the hardness and heat resistance of the stone. Brands include Caesarstone, Zodiaq, Hanstone, Silestone and Cambria. They all have a white or off-white color.

I would definitely go with any of the white quartz materials, and I'm sure you will be thrilled with how wonderful it looks. The white countertops and cabinets sounds like a really great look with your tin ceilings and pine floors. I like having some small flecks too. Just pick one you love - it will last a really long time!

• krycek1984
    10 years ago

I would recommend Stellar Snow by Silestone. It's a true white with brilliant sparkles.

• Gracie
    10 years ago

It's really helpful if you post photos or links of the materials you're considering.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

IMO Cambria has the best looking quartz colors.

They are all the same price.

More expensive that others A or B colors but less than D E or F usually.

So about as expensive as others mediocre colors.

See Link

BTW Bonus they are also Made in the USA.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cambria Colors.

• dreamojean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks deeageaux - I couldn't figure out what would be the closest Cambria color to the ones I like or which might be the nicest. I didn't see any fun almost-whites like the ones I tend to like. Any suggestions?

• dreamojean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

krycek1984, thanks for the silestone suggestion! Around where I live (NYC) caesarstone and perhaps zodiaq are the biggies, and corian, based on what I keep seeing. the store where I'm buying the cabinets offers just those 3. I might be able to ask at a stone place but not sure.

• christine40
    10 years ago

I just ordered a master bath countertop in the waverton by cambria...there were several whites to choose from:

Newport, snowdon white, whitney, whitecliff, whitehall to name a few. The website is good, and the on phone customer service was excellent!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    10 years ago

So you have a Shaker style cabinet door face, and SS appliances, with a nod to "vintage style" with the use of pine floors and tin ceiling and back splash? Do I have that correct?

I have attached a pic of the Ocean Foam with it used in an installation.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    10 years ago

What type of edge will you have on the quartz countertop? This one in the picture is an OGEE edge, though your backsplash will be white instead of silver.

• neshanicguy
    10 years ago

We are building a very similar kitchen and opted for Dupont Zodiaq Cloud White. The Ocean Foam is very similar to it but I thought that the Cloud White was just a touch whiter. We haven't gotten it installed yet so I can't help you beyond that. Best of Luck

• morselofjoy
    10 years ago

I ordered samples of both the Cambria Torquay and Ceasarstone's Frosty Carrina. I definitely preferred the FC. The background of theTorquay is so bright white that it almost glows, whereas the FC is a softer bright white.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

dreamojean,

you will never get a true representation of the stone online.

I would find a local dealer and see the 1 sq ft samples In person.

There are lots of speckled and marbleque whites.

I loved the Torquay online but hated it in person.

Ended up with Dovedale. White with caramel colored marblesque veining.

Once you like 1 sq ft sample try real hard to see a full slab of final choices before picking. Sometimes something that you love 1 sq ft of you don't like in full slab.

• dreamojean
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all, I'm still deciding and just got a very different quote for each - $3600 for Caesarstone Ocean Foam (ready a day earlier than Zodiaq) vs. $2800 for DuPont Zodiaq, apparently the Caesarstone requires 2 slabs (one for the island, one for the rest of the kitchen) driving the price up. And this is from someone known for good price and speedy delivery.

I decided that all things equal I prefer the Zodiaq Cloud White because it's a shade whiter than the Caesarstone Ocean Foam 6141 (I saw samples in person - I've attached a pic of them side by side, the smaller sample is the Zodiaq) but the countertop places I'm dealing with are more familiar with Caesarstone and said no other quartz company has better customer service, that Caesarstone stands by their products in a way that others don't (they send a rep to fix problems etc.), so is that worth an extra $800 for the color I like less? My contractor says it's a no brainer and to go with the cheaper one I like better, and there are unlikely to be major problems anyway. I'm probably going that route... and hoping it works out...

I also read that Caesarstone has a lifetime warranty on its quartz vs. 10 year limited warranty from Zodiaq? So I'm slightly concerned but hey, prefer the Zodiaq.

As for the edge, I'm leaning toward straight or 3/8" beveled (which is what we have in the kitchen we're leaving now, and it's nice).