Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transition between rectangular tile and wood floor

Posted by ahfiler (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 8:39

As you come into my home, the foyer has wood floors. The floors run perpendicular to the front door. You follow the floor straight into the kitchen directly in front of you. Once you get into the kitchen, there is a side outside door to the left. I am installing rectangular tile in the kitchen. My question is: Which way do I lay the tile out? The same way as the wood floors or perpendiular to the wood floors (that are in the hallway/foyer)??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transition between rectangular tile and wood floor

Can you post an image of the tile and the dimensions and maybe also an overhead view of the area?

o
RE: Transition between rectangular tile and wood floor

I would also like to see a picture, but my general thought is that it should be laid how it looks best in the kitchen, particularly if the transition between the two areas is a typical size doorway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here