Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cork glue down tiles: installation question

Posted by olivertwist (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 8:37

Our contractors began gluing down the cork yesterday.
We have 12x24 inch tiles.
When all the tiles are laid out, there are some narrow gaps here and there between the tiles.
Is that common?
How do we make that go away?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cork glue down tiles: installation question

It's common if the subfloor isn't prepped properly. Your floor needed to be FLAT. Who did the prep? Did the flooring contractor recommend self leveling compound or shims and another level of plywood if it's a crawlspace?

o
RE: Cork glue down tiles: installation question

One thing I've learned about flooring, having gone through a marmoleum nightmare, is to know more about the installation than the installers (who sometimes don't know as much as you'd think). Gaps really don't seem right and I'd be doing some quick research OR call the manufacturer and ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here