Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrus

Here are all my kitchen finishes...what style light fixtures??

purrus
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

OK, my cabinets are shipping 9/8! Demo day is almost here.

Here are all of the finishes I have chosen so far. I still need to buy backsplash tile (white subways, just looking for the cheapest deal) and light fixtures.

I will need three pendants: one for over the sink, and two for over the breakfast peninsula. I have an eclectic style with some touches of modern and MCM and also some transitional touches. I dislike anything ornate.

As an example, here's a picture of my living room, which will be open to the new kitchen:

So, that said, I am on the hunt for *reasonably priced* pendants for my new kitchen.

Here is a sample white cabinet door (shaker style) and the quartz countertop I've chosen:

Here is the cabinet hardware:

And here is the faucet, in chrome:

Floors will be hardwood, stained to match house's original hardwood floors (nutmeg color). Appliances are stainless.

I am trying to mix finishes here, to avoid a matchy-matchy look. I'm not opposed to black or chrome pendants, but I am having a hard time sitting in my current ugly kitchen imagining how it will all look together. So my question is, since you guys can more easily envision these things than I can since I'm sitting in my ugly kitchen, what finish would you guys choose for lights? Any suggestions on pendants? I'm open to looking at expensive stuff just to get an image in my head.

This post was edited by purrus on Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 8:49

Comments (15)