Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Back Splash Tile

Posted by Jo396 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 8:33

Perplexing time, trying to choose backsplash, I would like 3 x 6 subway. Antique white cabinets, all bisque appliances and sink, Wilsonart Winter Carnival HD countertops, 20 X 20 light beige cream floor tile (which show's up more yellow than it is). Im afraid "biscuit" subway would be much of the same, but white being too much of a contrast. Best picture I could add to show the countertop.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated, we are on a limited budget also. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Back Splash Tile

A light taupe then?

o

Agree with ellendi...pick one of the tones from the counter..dark enough to contrast with the white cabinets but not too dark, with maybe an accent inset or strip of the darker tones to tie it together, but not necessary.

o

Hi. I posted on the general decorating forum about my backsplash install today. It was suggested that I post here since my granite has similar colors to your counter and I have white cabinets.

Here it is. I will post later when it is finished.
 photo backsplashtileinstall_zpsbb1a3647.jpg

o

I really like cheryl's backsplash...very nice choice of grayish taupe. There are also some off-white subways but they might be moer expensive than the regular white.

o

Jo, I really like your counters and cabs. I think Cheryl's tile would also be a good choice for your kitchen. Best wishes!

HK

o

Thanks all, I too like Cheryl's backsplash, especially since they are larger,appearing to be 4 X 12?? Have thought about going with a darker color from the countertop, will give it more thought. Our kitchen is not totally open to the rest of the house, so that may make it appear dark, and I prefer, bright, fresh and clean looking. Have almost settled on white, for the main reason, there is a slight contrast, and if our bisque appliances ever die, white is the "new" color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here