Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did your painted cabs have finish blemishes?

Posted by SophiePW (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 8:26

Our painted Brookhaven cabinets just arrived. Right now I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by the quality of the workmanship. Several of the doors and cabinet corners have slight scuffs in the paint. This is particularly annoying when they're upper cabs at eye-level. I've also noticed tiny nicks in the MDF (fortunately in places that will be hidden once installed). Still... for the hefty price of Brookhaven, I expected so much more. (Our old IKEA cabinets aren't seeming so bad!)

Has anyone else had this experience? Did your painted cabs and doors look perfect upon arrival?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did your painted cabs have finish blemishes?

Kitchens and sausage should not be looked at closely during the process of being made. Minor issues will be addressed by your installer with the touch up kit before it's finished.

Painted cabinets DO show the minor marks from assembly and installation more than wood cabinets do. They also show normal wear and tear of use more. You have to be OK with that, both from the beginning, and with living with it in the future.

o
RE: Did your painted cabs have finish blemishes?

Yes, and I have to say that I should have insisted on more door/drawer fronts being replaced because of dings and chips. The touch up kit paint discolored after a while and was way less chip proof than the original paint.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here