Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhbaskets_gw

Sneak peek of my backsplash

nhbaskets
9 years ago

Picked up our tile yesterday. It feels Iike Christmas! Field tiles were packed as I expected but the accent tiles from Brittany & Coggs were individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Found the centerpiece for over our cooktop along with the 2x2s which will be scattered throughout the subway tiles. Can't wait for installation!

Difficult to get the true color of the 2x2s but they are close to our island.

Comments (31)

• cmm1964
    9 years ago

Very nice tile and a great match!

Love the granite. What is the name?

What kind of cabinetry do you have?

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi cmm--Countertops are Super White (loving them so far). Cabinets are Medallion Gold in white icing for perimeters and custom island in BM mineral alloy.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Stunning! It feels like Christmas from this end too ... when is install??

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oldbat--we are still contacting tilers for quotes. I'm hoping by mid to late September. I fell down getting this part done even though the tile took 6 weeks to come in. Too many things to do in a new house!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Stunning! I can't wait to see the finished backsplash.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Love that Super White & the back splash is going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to your install.

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Tilers - we're in northern MA, so I can recommend a few, if you're looking. I can't remember off hand the name of the guy we used, but can track down if you like. Highly recommend! He tiled our backsplash, pantry and then did a great job in our stove room floor (wood look tile, laid in herringbone at a 45 degree angle). Also, Bill Vincent - who chimes in periodically on tile threads - is local - billvincent@hotmail.com.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Oh my GOODness, that is amazing tile! And so good to hear from you....it has been since around moving day, I think, that we last heard from you!

• kellysar
    9 years ago

It's going to be gorgeous! Could you share details on the size and manufacturer of the field tile?

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

My muttered comment when I saw your picks--
    OH! That's nice!

Really, really nice. I am eager to see it in place.

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I can't wait for the install either!

oldbat--thanks for offering tiler recommendations. The tile shop we purchased from provided us with several names. The piece that will be over our cooktop is rather intraquette, so she only provided names of those who she was confident could handle the job. Bill Vincent did cross my mind. :)

Greenhaven--it's been a hectic 2 months since we moved in. I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked, but at least the cars are in the garage! Slowing hanging drapes and decorating. I don't remember this being so difficult 20 years ago when we built our last house!

Kellysar--the field tiles are 2x8 from California Art Tile. Website isn't much, but is linked below. Our tiles are Suprema in New York White.

Here is a link that might be useful: California Art Tile link

• kellysar
    9 years ago

nhbaskets - Thanks so much for the tile details and link. I'm planning on 2 x 8s after seeing your beautiful layout. Can't wait to see your pics when you are done!

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

What beautiful detail and lovely texture! You chose extremely well, as far as coordinating with that lovely counter top. Sometimes people choose items that compete for attention. These tiles speak for themselves, but definitely feature your SuperWhite!

I look forward to finished pics. Really nice.

• mgmum
    9 years ago

Oh, it's so pretty!! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Wow, I love that! Hadn't considered that subway tile size. Im off to check out the site. Thanks so much for sharing source. I may not be ABB after all! ;)

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

"Greenhaven--it's been a hectic 2 months since we moved in. I still have boxes that haven't been unpacked, but at least the cars are in the garage! Slowing hanging drapes and decorating. I don't remember this being so difficult 20 years ago when we built our last house!"

Trust me, I understand. I still have a ton of boxes and we have been here since February. It is not easy to move out of state after 17 years! Slow is okay, though. Really good to hear you are plugging away and am excited for a reveal!

• amck2
    9 years ago

It was your post in early spring mentioning Brittany & Coggs that led to our connecting and I've been eager to see how you were going to incorporate some of their tiles into your splash. I really, really like the combination you chose!

I can relate to the chaos of moving. Even though we're not moving from our home we're having our upstairs carpet (finally!) replaced with wood. The main floor is being sanded and refinished. So, essentially, we have to pack & move everything out of the house as if we were selling & moving. I envy you seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Beautiful tile! Looking forward to seeing it installed!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Beautiful tile - particularly the 2x2s. Can't wait to see it done!

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Your counters a drop dead gorgeous! I haven't been around for a while so didn't know you moved! When I saw the title of your thread is had to look twice knowing that your kitchen was already done. Hope the move was a positive experience. Looking forward to seeing your whole new space.

• Martha Alvarez
    9 years ago

Love your combination! I am a huge fan of Brittany Coggs and used a lot of her tile in my bathroom remodel:
    http://www.pinterest.com/mlalvarezus/bathroom-design/

It's pricey, but I feel like I am looking at a work of art everytime I am in there. I want to use a bit in my new backsplash, very similar to what you are doing, cutting into 2X6 subways so I was thrilled to see your pics! However, I am not using a center medallion in my range area because I have a french range that I want to showcase with just a pot filler. So I am just using the same backsplash everywhere. I am looking for nice 2X6 white subway. Can you share where you got yours?

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Martha, your bathroom is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the link. Our subway tile is actually 2x8 from California Art Tile. Horrible website but I provided a link below to their catalog.

Our backsplash was finished yesterday and I'm thrilled with the results. This is area over our cooktop. The rest of the backsplash is field tile with random 2x2s of the Brittany & Coggs in a shade of blue to match our island.

What I just love is that Brittany & Coggs is located in a mill in the town we live in. Her Mom, who owns a tile shop in a nearby town, designed my backsplash and actually had some input from Tania.

Here is a link that might be useful: California Art Tile Catalog

This post was edited by nhbaskets on Wed, Sep 10, 14 at 19:19

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

So very beautiful. Might DH and I come visit? What an amazing kitchen you and DH have put together, congratulations !!!

• nhbaskets
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oldbat, would love you to come for a visit! Once amck has her kitchen done, perhaps we could have a Seacoast NH kitchen tour! Anyone else?

• romy718
    9 years ago

Your backsplash - very pretty. I'm still loving your countertops.

• amck2
    9 years ago

Perhaps best not to plan around my kitchen's completion as new complications have pushed the finish line out even further.

This post was edited by amck on Thu, Sep 11, 14 at 20:45

• Martha Alvarez
    9 years ago

Thank you. I meant to say 2x8s. I appreciate your guidance and will look at that collection - did you use Crystal White on subway?
    Did you take pics of other parts of backsplash? Would really love to see other pics! Your kitchen is beautiful...Enjoy!!!

• amck2
    9 years ago

I regret I pitched an OT hissy earlier today that likely had a chilling effect on this thread. I believe It drifted away before many of you who have been waiting had a chance to see a reveal of this unique and beautiful splash. It's so worth seeing!

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

No no no! acmk, VERY sorry about what you're going through. I will hope to visit your kitchen some time in the next year (and you are welcome to plan a roadtrip down to Boxford MA in the meantime). Constant projects going on here....

Deep breaths, you will get there! Hopefully when I visit nhbaskets' gorgeous kitchen you will be able to come too :)

• amck2
    9 years ago

Much appreciated OB2be

I wanted to draw attention back to this reveal because I think it serves as inspiration for so many who are looking to add personality to their BS without its being too busy, being easily dated or detracting from beautiful stone counters.

• DesignInMind
    9 years ago

Beautifully done! Gorgeous way to add interes while not "taking over" the kitchen. Congrats on having you project completed!