Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kksmama

Copper for my hood?

kksmama
10 years ago

I'm sorry to bother you all about this again, it has been the most difficult part of my kitchen remodel. I think I've got the bones right, thank to live_wire_oak in a previous thread; here is the drawing. The "body" will be a little taller and I think the top molding will be, too, like the inspiration picture, but with straight body sides.

I've been trying to work in the painted white of the cabinets and the stained espresso of the island, but am not so confident about the stained wood. I love copper, but have tried to ignore the yearning because of the expense. But I remember that circuspeanut used copper for DIY counters, and I'm thinking that some (thin?) sheet metal used as a cover can't be too expensive, can it? I doubt my cabinet maker has done it, but it can't be all that difficult, right?
Here are some inspiration pictures from Houzz, could something like this work for me? I know I could faux paint, the bottom one is done that way...but I'd really love the real thing! At a medium level of patina,I think it would tie in my warm wood floors and the espresso island. I have some copper décor items in the adjacent room, and could add more. I've been thinking of my kitchen as leaning toward transitional/modern...is copper with a patina always traditional?

Traditional Kitchen by Other Metro Kitchen & Bath Designers Ruffino Cabinetry

Traditional Kitchen

And this one with bronze cladding

Traditional Kitchen by Oakland Architects & Designers Jack Backus Architects

Comments (5)