Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkinsella_gw

Sink and pantry layout question

pkinsella
10 years ago

I am meeting with builder today and I would like an opinion about placement of main sink, prep sink and pantry. Plz ignore dimensions of island because the dimensions aren't correct. The dining rm and kitchen are 15 ft wide. Screen porch is going to be at the rear of house in line with dining rm, so the door will be moved. The mudroom will be closed off from the hall (xmas closet swapping with powder rm), so its entry into kitchen will need to be moved towards the garage.

I want two islands and no breakfast nook. Wanted a sink on the perimeter island with coffee area close to it and the other sink either on center island or on the wall under windows. I never planned on a peninsula. My hubby and builder's supervisor think the peninsula set-up works good. I feel that it could block me in. Seems to be too much and could cause other cooks to get in my way going to the pantry and frig. If prep sink would go on center island am I right or is this better than ywo islands?

I would also like to know if pushing a pantry into garage gives better options for the wall the frig is on. I really wanted the area for coffee on that wall. Seems the corner pantry tales up a lot of space and we no longer are putting stairs in the garage so there is now unused space there.

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1487968}}

Comment (1)