Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julesl_gw

Should I expect an adjustment on invoice?

julesl
10 years ago

I've been posting about the difficulties we've had with our kitchen remodel mostly with the customer service and the person the GC wanted us to work with for our granite and backsplash .We had a contract for a polished marble for the backsplash and she ordered an unpolished limestone. Fortunately, I had pictures and samples of the agreed upon material. We hear nothing from her for 3 weeks after the limestone debacle. We don't hear from the GC either, even though I had let him know that our island had an 8 inch crack in the back panel and a knot had fallen out when they placed the granite on it, Last week, the GC calls me and says he'll come and take a look at the island (I'm not at home while he does this). He filled the knot hole with a soft colored putty, which I think is fine looking but it is still soft after 1 week and he sanded the scratch so it isn't as noticeable ---but it's still there. He left an invoice with the backsplash taken off! He expects to just rid himself of the backsplash and get paid.

Should I expect the invoice to reflect credit for the scratch? The island cost us about $1300, which included $70 charge for this panel that has the scratch and should I require him to sign a contract stating his warranty for this piece? They also charged me $55 restocking fee for changing my mind on cabinet hardware, which I was going to pay however, they never put in the flatware drawer that we had agreed on and if I hadn't caught it, they were leaving it on the contract. And, then we'll get him out of our lives and find someone with integrity to do the backsplash.
Does this sound fair? I don't want to be harsh but I don't think they should get by with not finishing their end of the agreement.

Comments (4)