Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beechtreelane

Grey Brookhaven Cabinets - please post pics!

beechtreelane
9 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of their grey Brookhaven cabinets? I'm considering Dover Cliffs or Shadow Grey. The swatches turn a bit blueish in some light and I'd like a true light grey. If not please suggest their best white with no yellow undertones. (We're doing the Edgemont style opaque with no glaze if that matters). Thank you!!!

Comments (9)

• romy718
    9 years ago

I have some Brookhaven cabinets in Nordic White. No yellow or pink undertones. I have samples of all their whites & Nordic White is the clearest white, but not a sterile, too bright white.

• beechtreelane
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much. I so wanted grey cabinets but Brookhaven just doesn't appear to have a grey that doesn't turn green or blue. I would have to start from scratch with a new contractor as mine only uses Brookhaven. Sigh.

• aries61
    9 years ago

Brookhaven probably does custom colors like most of the other cabinet manufacturers do.

• romy718
    9 years ago

Yes, they do custom colors, a 5%? up charge. There are several people here that have grey cabinets. If you decide to do a custom color, start a new post asking for pics & colors of Greys. I know Beekeepers wife & Michelle16 did grey.

• beechtreelane
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You are correct - I checked and they do custom colors. I don't think our budget can handle it though. But maybe it is worth it rather than choosing something I really don't like. I do like my contractor - so I don't want to switch so I can use another cabinet manufacturer. Decisions. I'll look up those user's and their grey kitchens. Thanks!!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Michelle16 used BM Stone Harbor Gray for the grey cabinets & BM White Dove for the white cabinets. Wall color is BM Edgecomb Gray.

Here is a link that might be useful: Michelle16's kitchen

• romy718
    9 years ago

Beekeeperswife used London Fog on her island.

This post was edited by romy718 on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 14:53

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

Hey.

Something I learned the hard way (after repainting my cabinets 3x -- not the charm) was that if things are turning a bluish (for me, turquoise) color, there's a good chance it's not the paint/cabinet color, but rather the coating on the windows.

In my case, some kind of Low E, argon, something thing, that made a bluish tinge to everything.

Just know that you MUST do samples of anything you choose, because your windows could change everything. I learned this because my paint in indirect sunlight was fine. Direct sunlight? Well, I'm not into "beachy" colors.

Brookhaven will probably do whatever you want for a price. The nice thing is they'll send you a whole sample door free. At least they will through DirectBuy. GET SAMPLES.

• beechtreelane
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Great advice everybody. I never thought about the windows affecting the color but it makes sense. Big samples would be helpful. Trying to guess what this 3"x6" little square of grey would look like all over the entire kitchen is so hard!

Does anyone know approximately how much it should cost to have cabinets painted? it's not a large kitchen at all and we're in Philadelphia area if that helps. Thanks so much again for help! And thank you for the link to the grey kitchens! I tried but couldn't find them on my own.