Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I found 2 inches in kitchen! Where to put it?

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 7:10

We have 2 extra " and I'm wondering if I should put in the aisle where seating will be to make it 53" cab to cab....

OR put it into the back of the island for storage b/c I took 2" from there a couple of weeks ago (to gain aisle space) making the storage 10" instead of 12".

OverheadView

islandside2

I don't know if that little 2 belongs in that diagram at middle of island, but I know for sure the island is 49" wide including 1" over hang of counter on each side. The overhang is 13 + 1 + 14"

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I found 2 inches in kitchen! Where to put it?

If this means that there is a cabinet in the island that is only 10" deep now and you are planning to store things like extra glasses, vases and pitchers it will be fine, however if you have any thoughts of putting any extra dishes in there, you might want to add the 2" there. I would rather increase the cabinets if I felt that I had enough room for seating already, which I think you do. Just my vote.

o

I agree. It'll give you more options in what you can store there. Doesn't look like anything with a large door needs to open behind the seating area so you probably are fine with that.

o

Thanks, I've been so concerned with seating space as I do not want to be cramped. However, maybe 12" would be more usable for back of island storage. I'm not really sure what's going in there yet.

Still open to other's thoughts of course! : )

o

last call : )

o

My overhang is 14" maybe I should put an inch on that to make it 15" and an inch in the back storage to make that 11"...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here