Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohpup

Fun with my copper prep sink

poohpup
9 years ago

Hard to believe it, but my little girl is turning 9 today.

Kind of ran out of room when writing "birthday". Oops! I usually write messages in my 36" farm sink, but it was full of the dirty dishes left over from baking her requested banana nut bread and I was too tired to hand wash what didn't fit in the dishwasher. My pathetic attempt at drawing a puppy (her very favorite thing in the entire world) had to go on the side of the sink under the faucet.

In the two years since my kitchen was completed, the kids have gotten used to looking in the sink for messages and pictures on special days. :)

Comments (14)

• localeater
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Love it.
    I am contemplating a copper sink for a powder room renovation. Any thoughts on using copper in a powder room?

• sprtphntc7a
    9 years ago

so cool !!!

that's something the kids will always remember :)

• brightm
    9 years ago

That is one of the sweetest things I've seen. Yes, wonderful memories for them.

(I admit, at first I thought you were saying the sink was named Annie and the sink was turning 9 today. I have only had a half cup of coffee.)

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I remember you (I think it was you) posted one of these before. I absolutely love the idea of kids coming into the kitchen and running to read the sink.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Fun!!! Happy b-day Annie!!!

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

That is really sweet! Happy birthday Annie!

• vdinli
    9 years ago

Aww so sweet. Is that written with icing? The puppy is very impressive. Happy Birthday to your 9 yr old Annie. They grow way too fast, don't they?

• scpalmetto
    9 years ago

Very clever!

• melkel31
    9 years ago

hi poohpup :) you posted a FU to one of my posts this summer... :) adorable "sink art" ! I too have a farmhouse copper sink. We decided to put wax on it to keep it from turning but we did wait a bit too long to wax this time and have some color changing which is fine!! :) but just wondering how this copper sink thing works haha! will those spots go away eventually ? or are they there to stay? one looks like it's from a dish sitting in the sink... ;) also, about how long b4 the drawings /messages you make in your sink go away?

• deedles
    9 years ago

I too thought the sink was named Annie....

Yay, Happy Birthday Annie! Love the copper sink here at my house, too!

• melkel31
    9 years ago

thanks so much ! your info was helpful! :) I may stop waxing the sink in time - it's still new so i will try to keep that look until i am comfortable with the art the sink will bring!! ;) I ;m sure i;ll get lazy and not want to wax soon enough! ;)

• bluetea57
    9 years ago

We used to make a homemade cleaner to clean the copper bottoms of our Revere Ware pans. I'm not as fussy about it anymore. The cleaner was made from equal parts white vinegar, flour and salt. The salt is the scrubber, the vinegar cleans and the flour holds it all together. I bet that cleaner would make really nice clear messages in your beautiful sinks. What a fun family tradition!

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Pooh
    Wow, another year and birthday for Annie!
    Your sink would look grand in our kitchen. Glad you popped in. As I recall we started reno on the same day.
    Will be watching each year for the birthday message!