Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gale1965

pull down faucets-how do you like the handles?

gale1965
10 years ago

Do you prefer the ones with the separate handle or the ones where the handle is attached to the spout? I wanted the kind attached to the spout but then I read that sometimes it's easy (especially for kids) to not turn it off all the way. Do you have/like a separate handle like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-16970-SSSD-DST-Pull-Down-Dispenser-Stainless/dp/B0030DK6T4

or an integrated handle like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Faucet-9178-AR-DST-Pull-Down-Stainless/dp/B00A39FSAK

Comments (8)

• cheryleb
    10 years ago

Mine has the integrated handle. I had a separate sprayer in my previous home and much prefer this one for the convenience and easy access. I am not sure I see how that would be more likely to be left on though. Both require a specific act to turn them off regardless of where the shut-off mechanism is located.

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

Mine is integrated with the handle in the front - even DH doesn't make a mess of the counter! (now, if only he didn't have to wet his hands to operate the soap...)
    He has no trouble turning it off - granted he is a "grup" but in many ways is like a kid...
    I am sure others will chime in.
    Good luck

• williamsem
    10 years ago

I definitely wanted integrated. Less to clean around, fewer holes to worry about. I also have my handle in the front, a tip from here if your faucet will allow it, and find it easier to reach with less mess.

• gale1965
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone. A couple of reviews at amazon said that their grandkids/kids would leave it dripping and that it wasn't easy to determine the correct 'off' position. I could imagine it since it's on a ball type swivel thing right? I may see if the local Home Depot has the ones I'm looking at in stock, but if I remember correctly they're all mounted way up high where you can only look and not touch.

• Fori
    10 years ago

No problems with the integrated handle for us.

Those Amazonians need to take less time writing reviews and two minutes to show their kids where "off" is!

Really, it's not hard to tell. If the kids aren't turning them off it's not because they can't figure it out. It's because they're kids in a hurry and not paying attention. We have it happen with the old style knobs that you turn and wrist blades and the garden hose. It's a kid thing. Not a handle thing. :)

• kksmama
    10 years ago

I haven't had anything other than single handed for a long time, and will have my new ones put in the front if possible. But either way, I'll have a tapmaster on my prep sink and I'm sure my children are going to love that.

• gale1965
    Original Author
    10 years ago

quote: Those Amazonians need to take less time writing reviews

Now that is for sure. While I was looking at faucets last night I saw where someone actually did a review of the reviews. They gave the other reviews 3 stars. They never mentioned the faucet at all.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

We have integrated and I think my kids left it at a drip maybe twice in almost 2 years. They are 8 and 10 (ironically it's not the 8 year old but the 10 year old that is the culprit).

On the other hand - it took several DAYS for my kids to stop using the pull down sprayer as a toy. :)

Love the integrated sprayer (I know not your question but I had to add it).