Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Preview of new kitche

Posted by dmlinparadise (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 2:45

Almost there, it has been a process. Will post more when done.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Preview of new kitche

Beautiful! What is the countertop? I really love it, and have not seen this stone before.

o

I love the backsplash behind the cooktop, really looking forward to seeing it all complete!

o

LOVE the backsplash!! Details, please!
Your kitchen is beautiful! Anxious to see the final version!

o

Really nice!
The colors are already soothing and clean.
I, too, love the countertop! Very dramatic.

More!?!

o

Lovely !! I know you will really enjoy it !

o

It's gorgeous! I like that backsplash too and would like to know what it is.

o

Some details:
Green Iron Soapstone countertop
Stone and Pewter Accents, tumbled slate 4x4 in aqua with a liner bar for field tile
Custom Mural by SomiTile Works
Schuler Cabinets in quartersawn oak with a walnut finish
Paint BM Affinity color Flawless on walls, Collector's Item on trim and ceilings

o

oh so nice! really earthy and lovely. i love your tile feature!

o

How exciting for you, Dml. I love the way the soapstone counter seems to echo the tree theme.

o

Thank you all,

The tree theme comes about from the orchard I am developing. 64 trees so far. Low chill versions of apples, peaches,cherries, plums, figs, persimmons and a few other assorted things!

The entire flow of our small home(about 1300 square ft)was inspired by the soapstone

o

Looks very craftsman - love it.

o

Fantastic! I love the counters, tile, and cabinets - I can't pick a favorite; they're all so pretty and unique. With your orchard I'm sure you'll have some wonderful home-baked pies in your new kitchen!

o

I would not have guessed at soapstone. It's beautiful. The tile is lovely as well. I like the connection to your orchard.

o

I would not have guessed at soapstone. It's beautiful. The tile is lovely as well. I like the connection to your orchard.

o

What does low chill versions mean ?

o

That is so pretty! I was so surprised to hear your counters were soapstone. Really gorgeous as is the BS. Also love how the SS mimics the tree. Really nice!

o

I live on the Big Island at about 2800 feet elevation. Low chill trees are trees that don't need as many hours of cold to bear fruit. We get enough temps in the 40's to allow me to grow things like apples.

o

Stunning! And I love that the backsplash has some meaning for you. Very cool - enjoy :-)

o

Impossible to show, but teal liner bars in mural hold my favorite bible verse as well. Fruits of the spirit: love,joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self- control. DH wanted me to put the seven deadly sins on the opposite wall, lol, did not happen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here