Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help on cherry cabinet stain color on Brazilian walnut floor

Posted by trojancai (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 2:11

Hey fellow GWers,

I am building a new house and have been stuck on the stain color selection for a long time. We have decided to go with Brazilian walnut (IPE) hardwood floor in the kitchen. However, we find it is difficult to find a stain color for the cherry cabinet that would work with the IPE floor. I also have all wood windows in Alder and I will go very light or natural stain on the window trims.

Could you please let me know your preference on the three stain samples in the picture? The dark one is brown espresso, the middle tone is very close to walnut floor, and the light one is cherry with natural finish.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help on cherry cabinet stain color on Brazilian walnut floor

The color samples of cabinet doors on IPE floor.

o

The kitchen layout with wood windows to be stained.

o

I love the color on the smallest door because it gives some contrast between the floor and cabs, and will also provide a bridge between dark floor and light trim so THAT contrast will not seem so stark.

BTW, I love the concept of woods not all being match-y match-y but instead complementing each other and provide tone and depth.

Can't wait to see it when it is all done!

o

What are you using for a countertop?

This post was edited by may_flowers on Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 15:23

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here