Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bixa525_gw

Does this exist for backsplash?

bixa525
11 years ago

I am looking for a mini ceramic subway tile that is the color of buttercream or a light gold color for a possible backsplash. Does anyone know where I could find this? Do you have anything like this for your backsplash? Please show me a pic.

Comments (14)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Check in with CKGM. She has grace Rixi butter in smaller subway-not quite mini, but 2.5x5

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Try Tile America Fontane Romane

Their website lets you search by various criteria ... but note that sometimes they say 12x12, but that's the sheet....the tile on the sheet can be smaller, so you have to look.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile America

• sserra85
    11 years ago

There is a 2x6 buttercream-esque color in the Horus Art Broadway collection.

• bixa525
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How do I find CKGM? Also can you post the exact links to find the products, I am not having much luck locating the ones suggested.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Go to tile-shop.com and you can see the tiles on their website.
    Call the Berkeley store and talk to Nelson. I bet he will send u samples.
    CKGM must be away as she usually chimes in. Try a google search for CKGM backsplash and likely to see pictures. She initially did not like the tile color but turned out it was a grout problem.

I am on my iPhone and my work schedule for the next couple of weeks is crazy- but if I come up for air-will try to send links

Ok?

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Chiming in:) it's not really mini; just a tad smaller than usual but I do love it!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Bixa, can you tell us what size you regard to be 'mini'? Is 2"x4" 'mini'?

• bixa525
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Angie, I would consider a 2" x 4" a mini. CKGM, thank you for posting a pic of your backsplash. I think your kitchen looks fantastic! Here is my kitchen, not sure if your tile would work or not. Is your tile the Grazia Rixi? What color is it? Here is a pic of my kitchen. Any help is much appreciated. Also does anyone know how I go about photoshopping? Do I need to buy a program or do you just download a program? I think this would help with visualizing a backsplash for my kitchen.

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

Thanks Bixa- it's a little larger than you looking for at 2 1/2 x 5 but it's the Melenge Butter blend by Grazia. They make beautiful tile.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I miss typed when I said grazia Rixi I think I have my tile on the brain. I really liked CKGM but wrong color for my kitchen so I am getting the Rixi version which is lightly cracked in a cream. As ck said hers is still gracia but a different variety.

Check out Heath tiles also. Expensive but they are beautiful. Just google for Heath tiles.

Good luck

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Here is the website for Heath - they do make a butter tile in 2x4. It is really pretty!
    Wendy at Heath (if she is still there) will send you samples. Beware, they are so nice to touch and feel and your kitchen will be ogling these very basic tiles.

http://www.heathceramics.com/home/pages/tile-build/collections-brands/classic-field

I have photoshop but no time to learn it.... It is a program that can be purchased. They have a basic version and a large version.

Keep us posted!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Mission Tile West makes 2x4s. Not sure any of these colors will appeal.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Oh, and Complete Tile also has 2x4's. Surprisingly scant selection of yellows, considering how many other colors they have. Here are a couple, and there are a few more to see on the link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Complete Tile Collection

• bixa525
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow, complete tile has a fantastic selection of tile but unfortunately I don't think it can be purchased online, and I don't live close to their showroom.